This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you should care why?

So today, the hubby (DaDairyDruid) and I were at Borders, mostly lounging in the cool cafe and taking our time before having dinner. The romance section is directly behind us and he asks me if a series we've read (yes folks, he does read some of what I read) has had more books come out. I mention casually no.

Sitting next to me is a couple of women (mother and daughter I think). The daughter looks over at me as hubby goes to browse the romance section a few feet away then wander off to another section, then makes a comment about why is he (indicating the hubby) asking me about books I read. Does he read them?

I say that he does and sort of shrug it off. I dont' find it odd. He knows what I like and he tends to find books that he thinks I might like. Most of the time I do enjoy them. She comes back saying it's stupid.

Stupid? Stupid because my husband keeps an eye out for what I might like? That's not stupid at all. I gathered the manga I had and wandered off.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

I think they meant it was stupid that your husband reads romance novels. Doesn't he know it's for women only? Puh-leeze. I think it's awesome that he reads the same stuff you do. I admit, I'm not a manga fan but if I see that a book in one of my boyfriend's favorite series is out, I'll buy it for him.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
      I admit, I'm not a manga fan but if I see that a book in one of my boyfriend's favorite series is out, I'll buy it for him.

ooo take a glance at pet shop of horrors, and pet shop of horrors: Tokyo-pretty good series(and not one of the this goes on forever ones 10 books each)-and features SC's getting comeuppance, good people being rewarded in a manner of speaking.... plus the creatures/pets are adorable....
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Um, Husband and I talk about books a lot. We read a lot and we read a lot of the same stuff so we talk about it. How is that stupid?

The couple who reads together...
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I'd have leaned a little closer to her and said 'He fulfills ALL my fantasies. What's stupid about that' and THEN walked away. Give the twit something to think about. (ok I know I'm presuming she could think)

Comment

DaDairyDruid? I like that.

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
              DaDairyDruid? I like that.
              Heh heh, ask him about WoW sometime...
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

i dont see why like the smae books is weird?
                I love talking about books, one time when we went out to dinner i was trying to convence my brother to read Way of the Wolf (awesome book, awesome series, he would love the stragy the intelegence and the plot but i love it so ewwwwww girl book) and the awesome waitress (who was funny, brought tons of extra drinks, joked with us and was very pretty) over heard me and came over and said " Sorry but i couldn't help but over hear you, but i have to know this book it sounds awesome." i love this waitress, i would marry her.

Comment

Shoot, my husband and I read out loud together. This twit would think we're idiots. Oh, heaven forbid we might have common tastes or interests or enjoy doing things together!
                  The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

My SO and I have books that we both like, it's just one thing we have in common. In a way, that woman would be a good match for my ex-husband as he thought my parents were "weird" for having full bookcases in their home.

Comment

I'm a big fan of WoW. Two of my greatest characters are druids. One horde and one alliance.

Comment

Quoth ADoyle90815 View Post
                        In a way, that woman would be a good match for my ex-husband as he thought my parents were "weird" for having full bookcases in their home.
                        My ex never used to read much either.

I love my friends tastes in books.. I don't have many & those I do have don't live me, but I just love the fact that I can walk up to their bookcases & see so many books that I have read/want to read
                        Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Working...
                        X