Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how to bag around here?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
    The belt lets you unload the whole buggy at once, so you can then put your filled bags back in as you go, same as at a regular checkout.

Unless you're talking about the kind with the belt *after* the scanner, with a metal arch thing over it, in which case I don't know what they're for either
    The belt & arch contain the sensors instead of having a scale built into the bagging rack.
    Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

I was just going to post about this issue. UGH !!! At walmart the cashiers dont even bother to bag stuff around here. I dont mind bagging my own items but its kind of wierd to have the cashier just stand there and look at me.

I do have a major major major complaint with publix. Every freaking time I buy raw meat they end up sticking it in with all of my salad stuff. You cant even cook salad stuff. $!#^%!#$^!#$^@$^Seriously I dont mind bagging my own stuff!! Id rather do that then have you shove it all in with raw meat!!! This has started to happen at whole foods recently too. They even have those wonderful special foil bags to insulate hot/cold foods. Instead the cashier just dumps it all together. It especially sucks when you spend an hour shopping and are buying more costly organic stuff. I cant afford it but I do it as a treat now and then. GRRRR

Comment

I know how you feel. At my local H.E.B. there are all these baggers who have absolutely no idea what they're doing. They never bag properly and any time I have bread or eggs, as I'm checking out, I stand, WATCHING them to make sure they don't put the eggs under a pack of cokes or the bread in with the canned soup.

I've never been a bagger before (though I spent most of my life in the commisary of the Dyess Air Force Base, helping my mother with out month's supply of groceries) but I don't think that it should take a lot of thought to realize that bread and eggs are squishable and breakable. I don't want to be rude to them but, still, it's common sense, right?

Comment

I've seen a lot of stuff with bagging before. Most like you all have said, pesticide next to your deoderant, next to your hot dogs. For me it's not just a safety thing, but a convience thing too. If the bag is all frozen food I can carry it to the freezer.

When we were on vacation the other week, our friend got so frustrated with the girl that she just grabbed the bags and did it herself.

And please, look at the size of the people. I can litterrally carry about 12+ bags in one hand at one time. Don't be afraid to load them up.

Comment

Working...
          X