Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You really want that phone, don't you?

This isn't sucky, just funny.

The new iphone is coming-out tomorrow. One of our stores is opening at 7AM to start selling it.

At 2PM today, a girl set-up her lawnchair outside the closest entrance and prepared to camp-out till the next morning! She said other people were also on their way.

When I left there were campers out in 90+ degree heat waiting for this new phone.

I don't think I'd want the phone THAT bad!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Bleh. I say if you're going to seriously disrupt your life just to be the first to get some kind of shiny new electronic gadget, you deserve whatever dry cornholing you may get out of the deal.

Because often all the bugs aren't worked out of the gadget at that early stage.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

A guy down here started camping outside the store last week, as told on the news. It was in the 95+s! Some folks just have way too much time on their hands.
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Steve Jobs has taken the youth. All is lost.
        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Can't be much longer until the 'church of Apple' gets recognized as a religious community...
          I still miss my ex.
          But my aim is getting better.

Comment

There was a story a couple of years ago...I think the video was on Youtube. I don't remember all the details,but here goes.
            Young man was first in line waiting (camping) for the newest I-phone. Minutes before the store opened, a middle aged woman approached him,paid him a substantial amount of money to take his space. Kid accepted the deal.
            Woman was planning on buying quite a few of them,when she got to the counter,she was informed that she could only get one or two phones.
            Kid not only got his phone for free (thanks to the money the woman gave him) he also had a bunch of money left over. I don't remember how much money she gave him,may have been a thousand or more.

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
              Woman was planning on buying quite a few of them,when she got to the counter,she was informed that she could only get one or two phones.
              I remember seeing that. The women freaked out because she only could by 1 phone. She was all excited at the beginning of the clip because she was going to make a lot of money selling the phones on Ebay and how she was going to buy all of the phones and at the end of the clip she went crazy (they did not show that part, but you can guess what happened, and the news crew joked around with the guy who she paid for his place in line about how she was not happy).

Comment

I've mentioned this before, but I still find it hilarious:

When the Iphone first launched, there was a store in Seattle where people had camped out for days to be the first to get it. About 10 minutes after opening, the first new iphone owners are leaving the store, and a guy who had just shown up pulls a gun and takes their new shineys.
                Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
                  I've mentioned this before, but I still find it hilarious:

When the Iphone first launched, there was a store in Seattle where people had camped out for days to be the first to get it. About 10 minutes after opening, the first new iphone owners are leaving the store, and a guy who had just shown up pulls a gun and takes their new shineys.
                  Ummm...I don't think I'd ever find somebody staring down the barrel of a gun as hilarious.

But that is another reason (as if I even needed it) why I'd never want to be the first to get some shiny new electronic gadget.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Or, if you *must* have one during launch week or even launch day... that's what pre-orders are for. Often you can even get it delivered. Shocking, I know...

Comment

Now that there is a "Death Grip" glitch, I'm glad I'm waiting a little longer.
                      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Sad thing is that I see myself doing the same thing for the 3DS. Maybe not overnight, but I'll be at the store before it opens.
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                        X