This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for manners

I was with my cousin at a lovely little quick store (Not C-store, and not Wally World). She was only grabbing a few things, drinks for the group party (YAY, soda!) and snacks she'd wanted all day.

I came in to help her,forgot I had the backpack on. The lady at the counter asked if I'd have a problem leaving the backpack at the door, said no, and handed it over to her.

As we were checking out at a second register, a man had gone to the line my bag was waiting in. (It's BEHIND the register, please remember this.)

As we're waiting in line, we could hear him calling the lady slow and stupid and 'don't you know how to do your job?'

I felt bad for her having to deal with the old grump. Then he saw my bag. Now he's gone from telling her she's stupid, to accusing her of stealing from the store she works at!

"That could be holding merchandise, open it up so I can see!"

She, of course, didn't open the bag. It wasn't hers. I sighed, gave my cousin my stuff, and walked to the register.

The old man, now seeing me, see's a new target I suppose, and tells me she's stealing with the backpack.

I shake my head, pass the lady one of the candy bars I had managed to pay for before deciding to get the bag, smiled and asked for my bag back. The look on the man's face as I got the bag handed to me and walked outside, was pretty damn priceless. My cousin said the lady walked away from her register after that, and the cashier who'd checked us out, a young man, had gone to finish dealing with him.

After the party, I stopped back in to see if maybe she was still there, and the lady said he'd just hit her on a bad day, so rather than talk back, she'd walked away. I apologized for giving him extra leverage with the bag, thanked her for being so nice and left.

Griping at everything must be one of his hobbies.
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

if he works there i'd suggest writing the owner and telling him how much the manager was harassing the employee

and that he was trying to force her to open up a customer's bag so he could snoop through it

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        if he works there i'd suggest writing the owner and telling him how much the manager was harassing the employee

and that he was trying to force her to open up a customer's bag so he could snoop through it
        I'm not sure where the manager came in to this equation? Unless there's something there I'm missing, it sounds like a busybody customer who was making assumptions where there weren't any to be made.

If I heard that about a backpack I carried, I'd be asking him if he thought the backpack I'd left there per their rules had merchandise, and if so, please call the police so they can make sure I didn't some how magically get stuff in there while I was shopping.
        Random conversation:
        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
        X