This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping

So we went camping for the long weekend (the university gives us the 4-day weekend if Canada Day falls on a Tuesday or Thursday). The friend in charge of booking everything had decided to wait and see who all was going to come, resulting in booking not happening until about 3 weeks before the trip. You can all see what's coming - no site. Because we live 2 hours away from the park, and couldn't leave until 18:30 the Wednesday night, we ended up without having a walk-in. So we went to a conservation area to camp. I NEVER want to camp in the regular sites at a conservation area again.

Yes, there are deep fire pits, so in calm weather (like we had) you can get away without dousing your fire completely. It's still not a good idea, especially when you're packing up and leaving entirely. Nor is there any excuse for leaving the fire burning above the top of the fire pit.

As for the people across the road from us: you have paid for ONE site. You are putting 12 people, 4 cars and 3 tents on this. No, I don't know how you manage this on a 10 x 10 site. Given that the official limits are 6, 1 and 2, the money that you are refusing to pay is the fee that you claim you're willing to pay, not extra. And if you insist on being cheap and taking advantage of the fact that no one enforces the rules, stick to your site. Don't park on the site across the road, don't put your tent on the site next to yours. (Bonus points if your cars are too close to the road to let people drive between them). And perhaps you could consider learning how to interact with your kids and with each other? Yes, I'm sure you had nice things to say to each other, but every time we could hear you, you were yelling at each other, complaining about something, or yelling at your kids. You, by the way, have far nicer kids than you deserve.

And to the woman playing frisbee in the blue bra: if, when you got pregnant with "f---ing John's baby" the doctors told you to gain 80 lb it's a wonder you got pregnant at all, because you were severely underweight. And, based on how you look now, there is no way that you still have those 75 lb, because you are on the skinny side.
Working...
X