This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive-Thru Fun!!

One of my current pet peeves are the window lickers who can't figure out how to drive in a drive-thru line at fast food places. Now I am only in such a line maybe twice in week and at least 50% of the time witness this...but after today I have to post it.
    The people I am talking about are the ones who leave a huge amount of space in between the vehicle in front of them themselves. So, of course this causes 2 immediate problems...the line looks longer than it is...and also it holds up the ordering process, which in turn slows everything else down.
    So today I run over to BK real quick to grab some bad food, get to the drive thru, and the car in front of me has left about a car length between themselves and the next car. He is so far back, that if I drive forward, I will set the sensor of the ordering platform off, but won't be able to order since it would just be my front tires sitting on the platform. Essentially, I would be about 4 feet back from the order screen. So no problem, I think I'll just wait far enough back so as to not set the sensor off. About 5 seconds later I hear a tap tap tap on MY window..which jumped the hell out of me...the woman was like you need to move forward and order can't you see your holding up the line? I was WTF who TF are you? She was from the car behind me..when I point out to her that it was the moron in front of me actually holding up the line she muttered something about "stupid people", walked away, and got into her car. Then, as we were going through line together....you guessed it. She left a ton of space between me and her, in essence holding up the line herself.
    If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
    www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Uh, I see your point, but I really don't think its necessary to use the phrase "window licker", do you?

Comment

I don't know what 'window licker' means. I can obviously concoct a literal meaning from it, but something tells me there's something else it means. Care to enlighten me?
      Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Well, its a pretty nasty phrase for someone with mental illness, meaning as in they sit on the "special" bus and lick the windows. Quite offensive.. I think "idiots in the drivethru" would have sufficed

Comment

Sorry, I was thinking of the scene in Super Troopers...not a slang term for people with mental retardation..will pick my words more carefully next time...
          If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
          www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

I had a little old lady like that in front of me a few weeks ago. She left a huuuuuuge gap between her and the car in front of her for awhile, and then she woke up, and got so close to the car in front of her she did a lil' bumper kissin'.

Somewhere in the middle is good, lady.

Comment

As someone who sees this a *lot* more than twice a week... first, thank you for not putting your bumper over the sensor until you could get in place to order right!

Extra gaps that far back don't generally slow the line at all, even if they do keep someone from *ordering* as soon. At least at the store I'm in. We can't even *see* the order on the screen until it's one of the first four, so the only thing having six beyond that instead of five does is start the timer running sooner. Now, if you're leaving gaps between the two windows, preventing someone from paying when they could, that makes a difference.

By the way, if there are parking spaces closed in by the line and someone is trying to leave one of them, please, *please* leave a gap for that. One place, I was trapped more than ten minutes because as soon as one car moved up, the next one pulled up right on them. If they'd just have held back a few seconds I'd have gotten out, and they'd still have been able to pull up before the line moved again, costing them absolutely nothing at all.
              Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
              X