This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it's that much of a problem...

Yesterday afternoon I was at a grocery store picking up a few things for dinner. As I was checking out, I noticed that my chicken had a hole in the package. It looked like someone had stuck their finger in there.

Me: I don’t think I’m gonna get this. It’s been opened (and showed cashier)
    Cashier: (VERY sarcastically) Well, what am I supposed to do with it? Throw it in a freezer somewhere?

Me:

I just completed my transaction and didn't say anything else.

I'll be sure to put it back in with the rest of the chicken, so someone else can pick it up and get god-knows-what from it being moogled by someone.

Idjit.

Comment

Quoth Coconut View Post
      Cashier: (VERY sarcastically) Well, what am I supposed to do with it? Throw it in a freezer somewhere?
      I sure hope the cashier was kidding...otherwise I'd have told her what to *do* with it
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

How RUDE!

You should have been thanked for doing the right thing! I am always very grateful when someone brings me a product at the register and says they prefer not to take it, rather than leaving it some random place in the store! At least I can put it back in its proper place, or in the case that it is damaged, dispose of it properly...

Yeesh. You should have had a chat with a manager...
        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I wish I could have thought of one of those lines to say when I was there!

I remember those people that would leave milk and other cold items in random places. It was always so much nicer when they just handed it to me.

Unfortunately, I don't think this cashier was joking at all. Funny thing though, I have seen this cashier before, and they've always been sweet as pie. I guess everyone has bad days, but I thought that was a little out of line, IMO.

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
            I am always very grateful when someone brings me a product at the register and says they prefer not to take it, rather than leaving it some random place in the store! At least I can put it back in its proper place, or in the case that it is damaged, dispose of it properly...

Same here. When I wander the store, I either have customers give me damaged or misplaced items, or I find them myself. Maybe I should volunteer to do only that full time.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Would it be appreciated if a customer pointed out a defective product that was on a shelf, even if they weren't going to buy it? Or would it eventually be caught by someone doing inspections anyways?

A while back I was in the supermarket and I found a pack of soy bologna slices that looked like a rat had gnawed into it. At first I thought a person had taken a bite out of the whole package, but upon closer inspection, the plastic was chewed cleanly away and there was essentially a cave burrowed into the side of the stack of slices. There were no fragments of plastic wrap on the shelf, so I assume this happened during shipping as opposed to in the store.

I was in a hurry and I just left it there... was that sucky?

Comment

Witch of Endor...

I don't think that's sucky. I mean, as an employee at a retail store, it is our job to remove things if they are damaged. Not every customer can be expected to jump up and shout to me when they notice something is amiss. Especially if you need to be on your way and there are no employees in sight. Perhaps you could mention it to the cashier as you check out next time? I have had people do that as I've rung them up, and I DO either check it out myself, or have someone correct the problem.

Personally, I would rather you tell me than just leave it...but you know...we can't all be perfect all the time.

You didn't cause a scene or storm off and write corporate about it later- THAT would be sucky! Especially, having not pointed it out to someone who could correct it before getting corporate involved.
                I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Coconut View Post
                  Yesterday afternoon I was at a grocery store picking up a few things for dinner. As I was checking out, I noticed that my chicken had a hole in the package. It looked like someone had stuck their finger in there.

Me: I don’t think I’m gonna get this. It’s been opened (and showed cashier)

Me:

I just completed my transaction and didn't say anything else.
                  Next time just stick the chicken under a base deck in the fish food aisle.

When I worked in Pets there was this horrid smell down the fish food aisle. Granted, some of that fish food can stink, but this was horrendous. We tried for weeks, if not months to figure out where the smell was coming from. We even took everything off the shelves and washed them down. The smell still remained.

One day I was doing a planogram and dropped something behind one of the shelves. It went all the way to the floor and under the base deck. I lifted the base deck and not only found what had I dropped, but also an old, gray, stinking, rotting pound of hamburger.
                  Retail Haiku:
                  Depression sets in.
                  The hellhole is calling me ~
                  I don't want to go.

Comment

Working...
                  X