This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was the sucky customer

I went shopping with my daughter. I had done some errand shopping (buying liquid hand soap & paper towels for daughter's classroom & things we needed at home). Then I had some stuff I wanted to buy with "Christmas Money." So I put my ordrers through in 2 different transactions. At 4:30 PM on a Wednesday afternoon. At a Wal-Mart. At the self checkout.

It's okay, I'll put myself through this:

Have a nice day.

It's ok IDR; sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!

Sometimes there are extenuating circumstances that cause us to act like the customers we write about!

I always like to at least try to give customers the benefit of the doubt. But then there are some situations where no benefit is needed.
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Thanks Kerrisan. The Christmas money stuff were 2 pairs of shoes, a shirt & pants. I didn't want to "waste" my Christmas money on ordinary, every day items.

I can tell you though, the chick behind me was a little po'd.

Comment

I'm sorry, which part was supposed to be sucky? Going on a Wednesday? Doing separate transactions, especially since you did them yourself rather than having the cashier do it? Taking your daughter to Wal-Mart?
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Well, I was feeling bad 'cos I was doing the 2 separate transactions at a buy Wal-Mart and the person behind I could tell was beyond po'd. I don't know ... that's not sucky?

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
            I don't know ... that's not sucky?
            I'd say not. I've had lots of customers purchase items in two separate transactions, for lots of different (legitimate) reasons. I don't see anything sucky about that. And as for the customer behind you getting PO'ed, it sounds like your purchases weren't too large. They should thank their lucky stars they haven't been stuck behind other customers I've had (three carts of stuff, at least three separate transactions, all using time-consuming methods of payment--checks, declined cards, small change, etc.). It's their perogative to get PO'ed or not, but you shouldn't let that alone dictate whether you were sucky or not. People need to exercise patience when shopping around the major holidays.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

hey if the customer behind you is annoyed.... so what

if the customer you annoyed then takes it out on a staff member.... then they are the impatient sucky customer. Not you.

it isnt a right to not have to wait in line... there are lots of people in the world and sometimes you just gotta wait your turn..... I dont think you were sucky.
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Thank you everyone!

I have no idea if the person behind me was in turn sucky to an employee - I got out there as quickly as possible.

Maybe she didn't like kids? Kelly was trying to "help" me with reaching back and trying to pick up all the HEAVY items I had in my order, and I kept saying "no".

Comment

Maybe the woman thought you were slowing her down

My mom cooks/handles household stuff for a rich woman in town, and she tends to split items into 2 transactions at the grocery store; that makes sense, rather than make two trips in a week, she buys for us and her. She knows how to do it "properly" (seperate items on the belt, let cashier know at the start of the transaction).
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                  X