This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf moment at home

i guess this would be a sighting as it happened at home. But it has to do with a call.

Around two pm today I got a long distance call . I pick it up and hear...

"This is CIBC located in Toronto. Please hold for the next available operator."

5 seconds of silence

"We're sorry but all operators are currently busy *click*"

kinda stood there a moment thinking of that Seinfeld episode......

Edit: btw im not with CIBC =P
    Last edited by Department stores *sigh*; 01-05-2007, 01:28 PM. Reason: adding comment
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Wow.

Comment

And to think that if it happened to me, it still wouldn't be the weirdest thing to occur on any given day.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You gave them 5 seconds? I would have hung up immediately. You called me. I do not wait for you.

Comment

we frequently get calls for the old owner to collect on depts and such. Im always on the process of getting us off the call lists and such.
          Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

That happened to my mom. They were calling about her student loans. You pick up, they say please hold, and then an operator comes on the line who really has no idea why you were called.

Geez. I keep telling people, Don't mixed your crack with your Nyquil! That is how you get ideas like this!

Comment

Quoth Department stores *sigh* View Post
              i guess this would be a sighting as it happened at home. But it has to do with a call.

Around two pm today I got a long distance call . I pick it up and hear...

"This is CIBC located in Toronto. Please hold for the next available operator."
              Oddly, I've gotten a lot of these at work, both telemarketing calls that put you on hold and telemarketing calls that are simply a recorded message. Both annoying, and I can't imagine who thought this was a good idea.

Comment

I've never had a call quite like that. Mainly the ones I had to deal with was just the put you on hold, or normal ones. I also had a couple that started just with silence.
                I was told ones like that are when the telemarketer has an auto-dialer that dials something like 5 numbers at the same time and then puts through the first person to answer. I guess it limits wasted time waiting for a phone to ring, just to find out that no one is home.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                X