This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We made a customer mad...

and there wasn't a damn thing she could do about it b/c we were both shopping - just like she was - at a place neither of us work at!

I was searching for a cheap sweater to get to wear for a big Christmas Eve party. Found the perfect one at NY & Company. This was just a week before Christmas. Went up to pay and the line was more than 20 people deep.

Woman in front of us was doing the typical SC thing. Complaining loudly and trying to arouse a gang mentalilty by getting the shopping strangers around her to agree and get them pumped up and more pissed off. I don't know what this can possibly accomplish as far as making the wait shorter, as all 5 registers were manned. The problem was, it was the height of the shopping season, and from what hubby & I saw - every customer transaction had issues.

So the lady made the mistake of trying to get us involved in her venomous mob mentality. Hubby and I completely ignored her and carried had a soft spoken conversation while hugging each other one armed but us loud enough for her to hear:

...yeah, the lines long. What's that one doing? Oh, ANOTHER return. Yup, she has coupons, can you believe a week before Christmas she's returning things to get the coupon even though it says you can't do that on the coupon? Why couldn't she have brought the coupon the FIRST time around? What's that one doing? Nice, impulse shopping while on line. Is she on line or not? That one is looking for her money. If she's waited as long as we have - couldn't she had had that out already? And that one! Get off the damn phone! Dammit! I hate that! See that one argueing with the girl on register 2? She obviously didn't read the fine print under the sale sign. Yup. She's setting the sweater aside. How do these people get along in life without being able to read. I know luv, you're hungry. Now what's this one doing? She's paying her bill. No she's arguing about her bill...oh goodness! We could have paid and been outta here 15 minutes ago if people weren't so impossibly DUMB. Poor employees. I'll bet none of them have had a break yet the entire day..... '

We went on and on....the woman in front of us turned and stared at us like she wanted to incinerate me with laser eyes. I spared her a single glance. Gave her a big shit eating grin....and continued talking to my hubby - dismissing her anger as you would a petulant child. Her face was PURPLE. She was shaking and breathing heavy with her nostrils flaring. The other people around her that were beginning to agree loudly with her attempt at whipping up a verbal mob frenzy all backed off and stood in line and avoided her gaze as she looked around for someone to say something. No one did.

I'd have to say that of the very little free time hubby & I got to spend with each other this season b/c his job sucks - I had a blast that day, and walked out with a very nice white sweater to boot.

It felt SO damn good.
    If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

That is awesome!

Comment

*tossing an apple up and down, in my right hand* Now, Thats Cool!
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Nicely done! I hope the SC went home before her head exploded!

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
          *tossing an apple up and down, in my right hand* Now, Thats Cool!
          I'd volunteer to be your dimbulb blonde friend, but I'm a redhead.

But much agreement. That was quite cool!
          "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

nice

Nice one
            ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
            Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Way to go Luna!
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, Luna!!!!!!!!!
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                X