Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really hope he gets in big trouble for this.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really hope he gets in big trouble for this.

In front of me in the line at the petrol station today was a boy who looked around 15 or 16. He was attempting to buy 2 cans of beer, and 2 bottles of alcopops. The woman at the desk told him that they don't sell those in singles, only packs of 4, and could he please not open up the multipacks, and also, did he have any ID on him.

Well, he completely went off on one, saying "F off, I buy these here all the time, you don't have a f'ing clue what you're doing" etc. She tells him to leave, and calls her manager from out the back (looks like theres only the two of them there) to get him to make this guy leave.

I bet you can't guess what happened next.. yup, you're right, he opens up the next till and tells the boy he'll serve him there! The boy tells the lady "See? I f'ing told you so", and gets served (the manager runs the cans through as singles, so probably wasting the other ones left on the shelf too).

I know managers don't always stick up for cashiers, and side with the customer even when they're wrong, but this has to be the worst case I've seen. I hope he was underage and it was a sting and he gets found out. Why would you serve someone who has sworn at your staff?

I so hope that was a sting.

That really irks me when managers do that.

Comment

This always baffles me.

Petrol stations have large quantities of flammable liquid around, yet sell cigarettes and lighters. Many people in cars visit, yet some sell alcohol.

Am I missing something?

Rapscallion

Comment

I'd have called the police on that manager.
        Last edited by MadMike; 01-07-2007, 05:30 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          This always baffles me.

Petrol stations have large quantities of flammable liquid around, yet sell cigarettes and lighters. Many people in cars visit, yet some sell alcohol.

Am I missing something?

Rapscallion
          Well, I've heard about drive-through liquor stores, and I've seen Braille on Drive-through ATMs.
          It seems that some people value convience over rational thought.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

What the hell. I do hope it was a Sting, and you should call higher ups, about that.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth erik316wttn View Post
              I'd have called the police on that manager.
              Ditto.

If I was that cashier, I would have told the manager where he could stick that job, and walked out. No-one has to take that kind of abuse from customers, especially when your moron of a manager won't back you up.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

I dunno about the police thing - I mean, what would I have said? The boy definitely looked underage to me but theres always a chance he wasn't - maybe the manager recognised him and has ID'd him in the past or something. And serving someone who was rude to the other staff isn't a reason for the police to get involved either. I hope the cashier does speak to someone higher up about it, though.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  Well, I've heard about drive-through liquor stores, and I've seen Braille on Drive-through ATMs.
                  I've been to a drive thru store like that. It's a strange experience
                  Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

When I lived in Jackson Hole, WY we had drive through liquor stores. And, some of them sold plastic party cups individually, along with ice. Apparently they are able to do so because passengers in the vehicle are allowed to have an open container, but the driver is not. Yet the county in which I lived would not allow c-stores or grocery stores sell beer...because..dingdingding...it would "promote drinking and driving".
                    If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
                    www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                      As far as the ATMs go, it's because they only make one kind of keypad for both drive-through and walk-up units.
                      Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

Quoth BlakeMP View Post
                        As far as the ATMs go, it's because they only make one kind of keypad for both drive-through and walk-up units.
                        Actually, the majority of drive-through ATMs here are designed differently to deal with the problem of people having to be further away from the machine.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          This always baffles me.

Am I missing something?

Rapscallion
                          You think that the alcohol is weird? You should have seen where I lived in Germany they had roadside wine stands in the summertime. Pull into the rest area, drink some wine, drive off.

Comment

My gut reaction was, call the police, but as Cheese said, its hard to make a coherent complaint. However, I WOULD definitely call Trading Standards and probably the head office of that petrol station, as I think they would BOTH be very interested to hear about that manager's conduct. Didn't any of the other customers say anything to that manager? Its completely wrong on all counts. Perhaps the kid was the manager's son / nephew / next door neighbour, hence the "special treatment".
                            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                            - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Titi View Post
                              You think that the alcohol is weird? You should have seen where I lived in Germany they had roadside wine stands in the summertime. Pull into the rest area, drink some wine, drive off.
                              I saw something like that in Italy this summer, at the autogrills, which are restaurant/service stations on the highways. You could go in and have a beer with your meal, and then get right back on the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X