This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking lot dink gets called on it

So today I was out shopping. It was a typical busy Saturday and, of course, parking was a challenge. We found a spot and went inside the store. A few minutes later, we see a lady approach a man, who is with his wife. The lady says to him in a stern, yet not rude, voice, "Excuse me, but I thought that it was very rude of you to take that parking spot. I was already waiting for it for a few minutes..." I didn't hear all of it, but basically the guy swooped into a parking spot that she had legitimately waited for and he got called on it! He kinda mumbled to himself and his wife after the lady left. Busted!
    -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
    -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

I would think that's really stupid to do that because it could provoke someone into vandalizing your car. Remember, if they're gonna get arrested for it there has to be some degree of proof that they did it. If not then you're out of luck.

Comment

My MIL did something similar. She was waiting for a space with her signal on when a young woman swooped in and took the space. When my MIL indicated that she had been waiting for it (she assumed that MAYBE the young woman hadn't seen her waiting and didn't mean to steal the space) the young woman flipped her the bird.

MIL just moved on and found another space. Then she and her mother (a tiny old woman with a walker) went into the store and happened to see the space-stealer standing in the customer service line. My MIL would have let the whole thing go, but didn't appreciate being flipped off so she spoke up loudly enough for everyone to hear:

"You know, it was bad enough that you felt entitled to steal my parking space, but there was no need for that rude gesture you made to me. It was not feminine."
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
        I would think that's really stupid to do that because it could provoke someone into vandalizing your car. Remember, if they're gonna get arrested for it there has to be some degree of proof that they did it. If not then you're out of luck.
        this is exactly how I feel.

i'm never going to risk having my car vandalized just to beat someone out of a parking space. it's just not worth it.

Comment

Working...
        X