Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If only I could see more SC's off the clock....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If only I could see more SC's off the clock....

I was enjoying my day off, and I went into my CVS to get some chips and milk, and I heard one of our nutjob regulars yelling at my colleagues because we didn't call her to tell her that we didn't have her particular medication. (Note: she had changed her number and didn't bother to tell us).

So, on her way out, she sees me and says something to the effect of "You people have no idea what you're doing."

So, being out of uniform and off the clock, I say: "I'm not being payed to be nice to you right now, so kindly *f-word* off you stupid, bloated cow." Then I walked away, but I so desperately wanted to turn around to see the look on her face.

It felt SO good.

I hope somone pointed out to her that it's impossible to inform her of anything by phone if the number's been changed.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I bet you did, but she obviously recognised you even out of uniform, so the next time she comes in and you're working she's going to make your life complete hell. You'll have wished you kept quiet, when that happens..

Comment

While I fully agree that getting "back" at CS'ers seems satisfying, there are different ways to do it. Im fairly sure that CS does not condone revenge, I hope you havent made a rod for your own back here.

Good on you for standing up for yourself and co-workers, but next time I would encourage you to take the higher moral ground.... all that comment did was drag you down to her level.

If you must say something (and if everyone honest they would LOVE to say something), stay professional, you can call her on her bafoonery without resorting to name calling.
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

But....It probably still felt REALLY good to say it
          "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

I don't normally resort to name calling typically, but she's had it coming for a long time. I can take a tongue-lashing from a SC, but other's can't. When SC's let loose on new or soft-spoken colleagues, it really gets to me. So I was kinda irritated when she spotted me. I actually just planned on ignoring her.

And though I'm not necessarily proud of it, it did feel really good.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
              Im fairly sure that CS does not condone revenge, I hope you havent made a rod for your own back here.
              True, although when we say we don't condone revenge, we're usually talking about illegal, destructive things -- i.e., vandalizing their property, making harrassing phone calls to them, etc. As far as I know, we've never had a problem with someone telling a sucky customer to "fuck off" or anything like that.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                As far as I know, we've never had a problem with someone telling a sucky customer to "fuck off" or anything like that.
                thanks for the clarification!

*practices telling sucky customers she sees off the clock to fuck off*
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Alright if you're not recognisable from all the other retail drones... sadly, I have Rogue style hair, so I am recognisable. I can dream tho.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

To furter asert that i'm not a maniacal a-hole, I've seen other SC's out and about. It's not like I go out of my way to curse them out, but the opportunity presented itself...

Comment

Here's to hoping she'll transfer out

They never do, though

Comment

Quoth PharmTechPhantom View Post
                        It's not like I go out of my way to curse them out...
                        Oh, I do. It's such great fun. To paraphrase Rudy Dewclaw, "When else can you totally thrash someone and feel justified?"

That's the superhero mentality coming in, though.
                        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                          If you must say something (and if everyone honest they would LOVE to say something), stay professional, you can call her on her bafoonery without resorting to name calling.
                          No, there are times when only a few well-chosen insults will do. Especially as the SC went out of her way to insult/bitch at someone who was not involved in her little dispute.

Now that she nows how employees really think of her, maybe she'll be nicer in the future. (Then again, I just might win the lottery too.)

Forget this nonsense about "acting like professionals." We're retail clerks, not priests or naval officers or brain surgeons. People don't treat them like scum. But they don't hesitate to crap on us.

It's nice to be able to fight fire with fire.
                          Last edited by MadMike; 01-12-2007, 08:25 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Thanks.... now I have to dig through the "Kevin & Kell" archives and find where he says something close to that...
                            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
                              Thanks.... now I have to dig through the "Kevin & Kell" archives and find where he says something close to that...
                              http://www.kevinandkell.com/2003/kk1115.html

So it's not exact, but it was the same principle.
                              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Working...
                              X