X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not the cable company's fault

I'm not sure where to put this so here goes

As you all know from a previous post our cable wire got loose in a wind and was torn out by a passing power company truck. We called the cable company who promised to have it fixed (they ended up fixing it that night)

However this conversation with my roomie came up

R: My t.v went out when the cable got ripped out if it's broken Charters buying another one for me
    Me: It's not Charter's fault and not really the power company, besides you have a warranty.

A few minutes later
    R: When the cable guy comes tell him if my tv's broken I'm calling and complaining.
    Me(again) It's not Charter's fault and since the bill is in my name I don't want you starting crap for no reason.
    R: So what'd they offer you?
    Me: Offer?
    R: For compensation
    Me: They're fixing it in the morning that's all the compensation I need
    R: You should've asked for a reduction on your bill. I'd have asked for money or free pay-per-view.

At that point I just left, that is the suckiest attitude towards what was essentially an accident. Plus the cable was reconnected three hours later which satisfied me completely.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

OMG! his TV didn't work because the cable line got ripped out! It has to be his TV! (end sarcasm)

While I do understand mentioning something if the cable was out for awhile (say over a week) and getting a week's credit nothing other than the credit is what is needed.

Maybe you should remind him of the lady who was wronged (bitch dog on her bill) and how she went to media due to the fact that the people being fired and her getting 6 months of free cable wasn't good enough and ended up with strangers calling her that name.

Comment

If the cable company owes him a new TV...then the dish company owes my grandmother a new one. Why? Well, I was working in the yard, and snapped the line with the shovel. By his logic, I should get a new TV, and several months of free programming...

Instead, I got a piece of cable, connectors, and repaired it myself. What was I thinking?
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

wow...i work for charter and im amazed that you actually got your cable on that night

Comment

Comcast is usually pretty good about giving a credit if our cable has gone out for most of a day. Since our internet connection is also cable, we get credit for both, but (crossing fingers) service has been steady for several months now.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
          X