This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention in the village!

In Lowe's, it will never fail that I am am shopping, I will hear those tones over the PA system, "doo-DOO-doo! Custumer assistance needed in flooring/lighting/paint/electrical," and then not 3 seconds will go by before I hear it again, and again, and again. It's almost like the SCs are trying to point out just how annoying they are. I only ever notice since it's very similar to a game I played long ago called Of Light and Darkness, and it makes me chuckle whenever I hear it in Lowe's since the game used the tone as a 2 minute warning that if you didn't complete the next puzzle in time, the ENTIRE WORLD was doomed. Of course, it always went, "Attention in the village." and was always humorous to me because the tune was so happy and helpful even though he message was a portent of doom.

Anyways, last night I spotted it in action. While standing in the checkout lane, I saw someone walk up to the paint area which had 1 person working and 4 people standing around (one couple and a pair of hispanic guys with paint all over them). The 2 who were working were running the paint machines and assisting. All is well til asshat arrives. He walks over, stands for a little while and then presses the service button. You can almost see the annoyance on the face of the poor guy behind the counter as he pushes the button to confirm and tells him he'll "help you in a moment." The guy wasn't having any of it; he pushed the button almost immediately and kept his hand on it as though he was threatening Russia with a nuke. It's too bad I got to the register then; I wanted to keep watching but had to check out. I heard the tones a couple more times on the PA as I was checking out.
    Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Umm I think it repeats itself automatically several times on its own. The last time i had to use one of those I needed some phone wire cut in a special length. Since there was no one within a few aisles and I had already waited about 10 minutes I went ahead and hit the button just once. doo woo..assitance needed, pause, pause, doo woo... repeat...

After about the second boop. Dude came by and hit the confirm button and it still went off one more time. Wire dude looked up at te ceiling and shook his head as I looked up and said "he's already here". His response was it does that.

Comment

I work at a Lowe's, in the paint department. Many times I am there by myself. And it never fails; I'll be waiting on about 5 customers, mixing paint, helping with product, etc, and some ass hat will walk right up to the Help button and press it when I'm standing 5 feet away. I'll walk over, say "Hi! I'll be with you as soon as I can." He can't wait that long. He has to press the button again, 30 seconds later.
      I don't have an inflatable co-pilot under the counter. No magic genie is going to pop out of a bottle. IT'S JUST ME!
      I posted a tale a long time ago about an old lady that kept pressing the button. I'd turn it off, she would press it again! Repeat 4 times.

I HATE THOSE HELP BUTTONS!
      Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

we had those for about 6 years......believe one of my favorite days was when they said 'E.....get a hammer and a screwdriver and get them all down' =D =D
        Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

I ONLY press those buttons when I don't see ANYONE in the general vicinity. I press it again if I'm waiting for at least 5 minutes and no one even thinks of saying "Oh, the associate is busy elsewhere, but they'll be right there."
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
          X