This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-4-1 Apps

Today I was at one of the wonderful chain Restaurants we have an abundance of around here for Happy Hour...nothing against chains, I worked for one for many years, but I tend to like the atmosphere of a local pub a lot more.
    Anyway, this place does a 2 for 1 Appetizer special from 3-5pm M-F. All apps are $6.99. So, this total moron sits down and stars bitching that the "old deal" was much better and thats what he wanted...the old deal was 1/2 price apps! And, he wanted 2 apps! So to anyone with brain, it is exactly the same deal, just re-worded. But, the SC would have none of it, even when the poor bartender dug out a calculator and showed him.

I suggested drawing pictures....but that got me was a STFU look from the SC. But I got a nose-snort from the bartender, and a free beer. Free beer makes me happy.
    If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
    www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Quoth RentalRacer View Post
    Free beer makes me happy.
    Speaking of Free Beer, The owner of my shop, got me one, since it was only him and I there . He told me if I ever need one, just let him know, and he will get us one each. Yes I am 25 years of age. Damn diet of mine, I allow myself to have 1-2 beers a week. Gotta take care of my body. Man, only if I was not fat
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Rental, maybe the SC didn't want to bruise his brain by figuring out logistics?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

But, under this new deal, would he get one app for $7 (if he had only wanted 1) as opposed to 1 app for $3.50? I would personally get 2 apps and just take one home for later if i only wanted one, but I can KINDA see why he'd be ticked. But still . . . under his current circumstances (wanting 2 apps), he shouldn't have been whining.

That's a sneaky deal for the restaurant, though!
        Last edited by kerrisan; 01-12-2007, 05:52 PM.
        ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Quoth kerrisan View Post
          But, under this new deal, would he get one app for $7 (if he had only wanted 1) as opposed to 1 app for $3.50?
          Yeah, he would. And that would be a valid complaint if the guy only wanted one. But according to the OP, he wanted two.

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
            Yeah, he would. And that would be a valid complaint if the guy only wanted one. But according to the OP, he wanted two.
            Yes, I realize that, which is why I said if he had wanted 1. Since he wanted 2, he had no reason to complain. He may have just been upset because he may not always want 2 apps. Maybe he was getting angry for next time. Which is . . . weird. Personally, I would beat the system and always get 2 apps and take one home later.

Bah, I feel like I just reposted my last comment.
            ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

For the record, at this particular establishment, yes, you may get just one app @ half price, they are cool like that.
              If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
              www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                Rental, maybe the SC didn't want to bruise his brain by figuring out logistics?
                But SC brains are the most powerful of all! Silly Becky, they are much smarter than you, you lowly peon. Get back to your turnips!

[/funny]
                "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
                X