Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FB suckage. Would you block these people?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FB suckage. Would you block these people?

Sorry if this seems bizarre, mods will move/do as they see fit. But I recently spotted this little gem on my FB page and it pissed me off to high heavens.

Person#1: "People who work at Walmart are rude. This lady just really made me made!"

Person#1's mother: "just be thankful YOU dont have to work there! See you NEED COLLEGE...that way you dont have to work at Walmart and be rude to ppl...haha..."

These two people are nice otherwise, but they KNOW I work at Voldemart, and they KNOW I have a year of college. It makes me fucking mad that people assume that all of us who work there are talentless, no good high school dropouts with no ambition. There are lots and lots of very decent and wonderful people in my workplace that I've come to love and call friends. Many of us have college and there are a few that came from better careers but ended up downgrading to a retail job because of the economy. I'm just incredibly pissed at this attitude . . . these people are always bitching about how much they hate Voldemart and everything to do with it, yet they keep shopping there.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

You'll also get the occasional person who means well when they look at you with pity and ask if you've ever thought about going to college to "improve yourself". *sigh* I have a college degree and retail was my p/t second job. I liked to tell such people that retail helped me pay off my student loan, my car, and helped me be debt-free. Then I asked them how many people could say THAT.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I wouldn't block them because it would seem that there is way too much fun to be had at their expense.

And have it I would.

I'd just ask them to clarify if that applies to you, because you DO have college under your belt and you DO work there and if that's how they think, what do they think of you?

I'd do it very publicly.

Comment

What I find funny about that is that these are the same people that would likely be bitching about you anyway if you were to quit and then go on welfare. It's like damned if you do, damned if you dont. Either way you're a lazy, stupid loser. But I guess if you're gonna be called that regardless you might as well mooch off of them and make them pay your way.

Comment

The great thing about Voldemart and jobs like the one I formerly had is you can go to college, work at Voldemart (as full time as they'll allow you to be) AND be on welfare!

Its a three hitta-quitta!

Ask those two how they expect people without a trust for college to PAY for college, without leaving with 50-100k (min) in debt?

edit: and unless thats a typo, person #1 could stand some college herself. I honestly hate it when people make me made!!! Don't let a bunch of close-minded haters get to you.
          Last edited by Whiskey; 09-17-2010, 01:39 AM.
          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

To be fair, person #1 did correct herself in a comment (I usually just delete the status and start over if I've made a mistake) and she's in college at the mo. Still makes typos on a daily basis though. And she works retail/food service so I'd think she'd be more understanding of . . . whatever my colleague did. I wish she'd at least explain what was so damn 'rude'. Gah.

I'm just not a confrontational person. I see these people on a fairly regular basis as my nephew is good friends with the family and I don't wanna start shit, but at the same time I feel I should say something because I'm tired of people acting like we're a bunch of fucktards in blue shirts who are there because we can't do any better. It sounds corny, but my Voldemart people are like my second family. We go out to lunch together, we go to each other's houses, cry on each other's shoulders. We're not a bunch of nose picking fuckwits.
            The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Asshats.

My sister has an Associate's degree. She worked at a Wally World before she moved back home. There just weren't a lot of places hiring in the small town she was living in then. She's not stupid!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

My dad worked at WalMart once and he has a bachelor's degree in engineering. [Although he only lasted like...a couple of weeks. WalMart sucked ass. -.-] I would say education has nothing to do with why you would work somewhere...or at least certainly doesn't mean that that's the "only" job you can get or something...jeez Louise...
                "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                Amayis is my wifey

Comment

wow, passive agressive bitches; neither of them has clue one about how difficult retail and food service jobs are.

it's been said multiple times and i agree with it completely: "everyone should be required to work in the retail/service industry so they actually know what's going on instead of 'knowing what's going on.'"
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I have better things to do than read the FB's statuses of annoying people. I would either hide them or unfriend them. And not feel bad about it.

Comment

This type of thinking angers me also!! I work in the restaurant industry and I also get looked down upon because of it. There are a few facts that people DO NOT realize.
                      1. Restaurant work, whether it is fast food or full service type, is damn hard work!! Many of those who stick their noses up at it would never last in a fast paced, physically demanding job as a restaurant worker!
                      2. I CHOSE to work in the food business, I am not there because I am too dumb to find a different job!! I actually enjoy the challenges that I experience daily at my job! The work is never dull, the customers are never dull and my fellow coworkers are like family to me.
                      3. I am educated and I am currently a junior at a state university. I chose to go back to college after a 22 year absence. I may love my job but I am also 45 years old and I actually want an office job for my final years of life because my job is so physically demanding and it is taking a toll on my body.
                      4. Dammit!! I know how to spell names!! Quit spelling Bob or any other easy name for me, for goodness sake!! That irritates me to no end because it makes me look like I am too stupid to spell!!!

Anyways that is my two cents worth, I would actually confront the people who said this!
                      Last edited by jnd4rusty; 09-17-2010, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Haters gonna hate. Simple as that. Screw them. I've been working in call centers and sometimes I get SCs that think that all we do is read a script and nothing more no matter what. Yeah, so I do and sue me. My job pays me to do that and if they want to look down on that they can stick that straw on their milkshakes and suck it!
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Ugh and to top it off the people who look down on you for working customer service are just about always the same ones who will complain about jobs being outsourced. They just like to complain and look down on others. I get it all of the time, I'm a smart girl but I have a few issues so traditional college (or at least what it has become) is just not for me (I really should have gone to St. Johns, the only bad advice that my dad ever gave me was to go someplace else but hey that can't be changed now). I like my job, the pay isn't great but I'm happy, why do people think there is something wrong with that?

Comment

Quoth jnd4rusty View Post
                            4. Dammit!! I know how to spell names!! Quit spelling Bob or any other easy name for me, for goodness sake!! That irritates me to no end because it makes me look like I am too stupid to spell!!!
                            Its funny you should mention that. Because I always double check the spelling of people's names because nowadays i never know how someone is going to have their name spelled. For example:

Jessyca instead of Jessica

Michel instead of Michelle

Dyanna instead of Diana

Carole instead of Carol

Monika instead of Monica

Plus 5 different ways of spelling Kaitlin

- and that's just to name a few.

now THAT drives ME crazy.

Comment

That irritates me when parents name their kids with purposely misspelled names. I'm just waiting to see Bob with his name spelled "Baab".

Comment

Working...
                              X