Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, you were perfectly in your rights there, in fact I'm amazed you didn't take your mask off and breathe on them.
    *offers hot apple cider and a stuffed animal to snuggle with* Feel better soon.
    I smacked a dude in the pharmacy line for not respecting my space. This young "gentleman" wanted to practice his contact dancing on me and the other people in the line. I wasn't called out on it though because of how obvious the situation was.
    And this was after the "I'm sorry sir, step back from me and don't touch me again. I'm super upset because my HUSBAND and I just learned today that we'll never be able to have kids." He kept it up, so I smacked him before hubby got over there. I was so upset I couldn't even tell the pharmacist my name when I got up to the counter though, I was crying so hard hubby had to tell him. They were nice though, and the kid was told he was no longer welcome at that store, especially because he didn't even have a prescription to fill.
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

You were in the right. Asshole SC was in the wrong. If it was me, I would have coughed all over him... probably wouldn't have transmitted anything, but it would have made me feel better and maybe made him a little paranoid, since he wouldn't know what I had...

And I had pneumonia earlier this year, so I know exactly how you feel. *huggles* Hope you're feeling better!
      "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

gee let me thing you are
        a. sick as a dog as the saying goes
        b. getting PUSHED (assault in my opinion but that's just me)
        c. dealing with a loud mouth LIAR behind you
        d. waiting for the third time that day

gee... don't think anyone, even if there where from st olaf, would be too happy and nice, and all you did was defend yourself, with witnesses to back you up, sorry but manager was in the wrong, I would have being the one to go somewhere else, and I would write or call the company about this if I where you

*offers some peppermint tea* oh and cookies for who ever gets my pop culture referance
        http://dragcave.net/user/LadyMage

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes everybody, I am already feeling a lot better thanks to the medicine. Cough is almost non-existent, and the other symptoms are gone. Still wearing the mask when I am in public (ok a new fresh one each time ), because I honestly have no clue how contagious it is, and I think of others. Until the medicine I was given is completely gone, and the cough is also, it stays on in public.
          Which should be tomorrow (yay!)
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
            The antibiotics are helping, a lot, and I am feeling better. Wearing the mask till it is gone entirely though, cause I try to consider others. Again, I don't know how contagious it is, but why take chances.
            you know you really should use the same mask over and over again.
            think about it this way.
            You have an infection in your lungs that can be spread by sputum and contact.
            Do you want your healing lungs to refill with those bad bad germ?

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
              you know you really should use the same mask over and over again.
              think about it this way.
              You have an infection in your lungs that can be spread by sputum and contact.
              Do you want your healing lungs to refill with those bad bad germ?
              Hmm, I am confused. I am using a new one each time..but I should use the same one? Or was that a misspell, and you missed the part where I put in () that I was using a new one each time?
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

First of all: good to read you're doing better. Pneumonia isn't a fun thing, walking or otherwise.

Secondly: I'm kind of with the manager on this. From Mytical's own description of the scene,

Quoth Mytical View Post
                By this time I had had it. I brought out my evil voice. "You have no idea what freaked out is, but I can show you."

Everybody takes a step back. Seeing as I look like a zombie (probably), not sure I blamed them.
                apparently, people - other customers - felt threatened by him. Yeah, people get irritated when they're sick, but that doesn't mean that an employee of the pharmacy everybody is in shouldn't remind an angry customer that threatening behavior is not okay in a public place. A simple, verbal warning, nothing more. Seems good to me.

The SC behind Mytical was an asshole, though. No question about it.
                You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

*hugs Myt* Take your meds sweetie and go lay down. NO Sc's in your bed (Though there might be a me and Wenchie) :P

Okay, as for the ass in back of you, I'd have probably done the same thing (Actually I have.)
                  "MOVE bitch." is what I got told though when I was out of voice (throat swollen to near closing) and I'd gone to Walmart. I guess the look I had tipped a friend off, cause she just told the guy to go screw himself.

Yes, we need Brits. They are rather efficent

Comment

*hugs Mytical* Feel better hon... I'm visiting you next week so you're not allowed to be sick!
                    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                      I brought out my evil voice. "You have no idea what freaked out is, but I can show you."
                      Ok, first, I have no idea what you sound like, but I can just imagine this line and it sent a shiver down my spine.

Quoth Mytical View Post
                      Yes I know I should have probably used the drive through, and that it wasn't THAT big of a deal. Sick, grumpy, and personal space issues make Mytical an SC.
                      If you're not doing so well, I don't think driving for any longer than necessary is the wisest choice. The other guy asked for it, got it, then realized he wasn't man enough to take it and ran away crying.

I hope you are feeling much better, now, and I'd give you a hug, but I don't have personal space invasion permission.
                      ^-.-^
                      Last edited by Andara Bledin; 09-25-2010, 02:35 AM.
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        I'd give you a hug, but I don't have personal space invasion permission.
                        ^-.-^
                        You sent a friend invite, I accepted, that is permission . Sides it is only in person that I have issues with personal space invasion lol.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                          Sides it is only in person that I have issues with personal space invasion lol.
                          And I'm going to try to break him of that.

(Well... at least with cute girls who like him.)

Comment

Working...
                          X