This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Shalom View Post
    (And why do they all say "Eggplant Babaganoush" on the labels? Isn't that redundant? What the hell else can you make baba ghanoush out of if not eggplants? Sheesh.)
    allergies, probably. people don't read labels, it has to be put in their face.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Well, considering that you used to put celery in tuna salad (most people sub in sweet relish and celery salt these days), it sounds like an outstanding idea. I'm going to have to try that at some point.

^-.-^
      tartar sauce.

What? I desperately wanted tuna salad once and was out of mayo and miracle whip ....
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        tartar sauce.
        Delicious on ham sandwiches

Yeah, I have weird food tastes, so what
        Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

tartar sauce.

What? I desperately wanted tuna salad once and was out of mayo and miracle whip ....
          ... doesn't tartar sauce require mayo?

Comment

tartar sauce.

Well, it IS fish...
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
              ... doesn't tartar sauce require mayo?
              yes, however when you buy it in the grocery store and it comes in cute little bottles, if you dont use it on sandwiches it is still there when you need it =) I also am lazy and buy cocktail sauce, even though I know how to make perfectly cromulent cocktail [and tartar sauce]

[many times you end up with guests who refuse to eat homemade sauces and only eat bottled stuff from the grocery store. It is easier to keep a couple bottles of them around the house than to argue that the homemade tastes just the same]
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

tartar sauce.

Wait... you're not supposed to put tartar sauce on tuna salad? Why did no-one tell me?! *shrugs. continues putting tartar sauce on her tuna*
                "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

yes, however when you buy it in the grocery store and it comes in cute little bottles, if you dont use it on sandwiches it is still there when you need it =) I also am lazy and buy cocktail sauce, even though I know how to make perfectly cromulent cocktail [and tartar sauce]

[many times you end up with guests who refuse to eat homemade sauces and only eat bottled stuff from the grocery store. It is easier to keep a couple bottles of them around the house than to argue that the homemade tastes just the same]
                  You can buy it pre-made? Wow. And if it tastes the same as homemade that's impressive, I find most sauces have a chemical taste to them. (And frankly, if I got guests that expected me to waste money like that, I suspect I wouldn't miss them.)

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                    You can buy it pre-made? Wow. And if it tastes the same as homemade that's impressive, I find most sauces have a chemical taste to them. (And frankly, if I got guests that expected me to waste money like that, I suspect I wouldn't miss them.)
                    didnt say that I use the stuff, I make my own, but if a guest has some mental abberation that they require a commercially made sauce, I have it on hand. i will confess to being lazy and buying cocktail sauce because I can't keep horseradish in my fridge because my roomie is allergic to it. We have a deal, I dont keep horseradish and she doesnt keep mushrooms =) that way we stay out of the hospital and my epipen doesnt get used.

Comment

Quoth KMMCurly View Post
                      Wait... you're not supposed to put tartar sauce on tuna salad? Why did no-one tell me?! *shrugs. continues putting tartar sauce on her tuna*
                      I don't see why you couldn't.

There's a seafood place near us that offers superb fish & chips with several different tartar sauces. I'd bet any of those would make a wonderful tuna salad.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                      X