This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Music Be BUMPIN'

Not sure if this is in the right area...definitely feel free to move it if I've posted incorrectly. So we all know about idiots that like to blare their music with the car windows down. And I'm not denying doing it on occasion, but usually in a residential area, I cut that shit out. Well, in the small ass suburb I live in, we have some cars from time to time that come through doing this, often with the bass cranked so high it makes our windows rattle.

I'm going to move slightly away from this for a second to talk about our neighbors across the street. That have probably 500 children there at a given time (maybe less, but it's gotta be close). Some of these kids are real brats, doing stupid things like playing in the street, acting like they're going to chase cars, etc. But not today; today they made my day.

This car comes through our neighborhood with the bass rattling the windows when suddenly a number of the itty bitty bratty committee comes out shouting "TURN THAT SHIT DOWN!!!" Awesome...just awesome.
    You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

I think the biggest problem with this is that, 20 years ago, it wasn't bad because only a select few in the ghetto had that blasting car stereo. It was like a rare novelty. But today, they're like assholes. Everyone's got one. Now you literally can't live in ANY neighborhood or subdivision without having "Soul Train" being blasted into your house and overloaded with bass.

Comment

Welcome to my neighborhood. It's not even good music that they blast. I think the proper genre is called corrido? I can not stand that stuff!!! It sounds sort of like polka music and I hate it!!! Something that sounds like polka music should never be blasted from car stereos, imho.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
        Something that sounds like polka music should never be blasted from car stereos, imho.
        Agreed. Stick with bagpipes.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
          Agreed. Stick with bagpipes.

Quoted for awesomeness. XD And because I have been known to blare some of Enter The Haggis' more bagpipe-heavy songs to get back at the bass-bumpers. (The Intro and Murphy's Ashes from the Gutter Anthems CD are both particularly nice for this purpose)
          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

You know, I've never understood why people have those stereos on steroids. I see a lot of these people, years down the road, needing hearing aids or being stone deaf. Plus, in some cases, the stereos are probably worth more than the car.
            Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

I'm under the impression that they believe loud music makes-up for having a crappy car!
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post

Quoted for awesomeness. XD And because I have been known to blare some of Enter The Haggis' more bagpipe-heavy songs to get back at the bass-bumpers. (The Intro and Murphy's Ashes from the Gutter Anthems CD are both particularly nice for this purpose)
                I'll have to remember those. I tend to like Ashley MacIsaac for this.
                Or, if you really want to break their brains.... this should do the trick nicely. Of course, your own brain might be liquified as well, but that's the chance you take....
                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                  Or, if you really want to break their brains.... this should do the trick nicely. Of course, your own brain might be liquified as well, but that's the chance you take....
                  Ooooh, I feel the liquifying goodness! Not bad really... Makes me think of Nirvana on the ukalele...
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth lobo94 View Post
                    You know, I've never understood why people have those stereos on steroids. I see a lot of these people, years down the road, needing hearing aids or being stone deaf. Plus, in some cases, the stereos are probably worth more than the car.
                    They'll just sue the stereo manufacturer....

Comment

I have a friend who prefers to blast opera and show-tunes (mostly Disney).

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                        I'm under the impression that they believe loud music makes-up for having a crappy car!
                        Even worse, are the tools that consider a stereo to be a "performance mod" Seriously though, it's always some piece of shit economy car. Usually, said vehicle is beat to hell and rusty. Bonus points if it had one of those fart cans on the tailpipe. Sorry assholes, but if I want my car to "thump," I'll jam a screwdriver into the exhaust
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                          They'll just sue the stereo manufacturer....
                          But... but there wasn't a warning label! Whaddaya mean it's my own fault for cranking it up to eleventy?! Nothings my fault! I'm a speshul snowflake, dangit! There should be a warning label on the volume knob, and in brail, and it should speak it every time I touch the knob, cuz, you know, I don't read so well...

Comment

I'm odd, I'm reeeeally sensitive to bass notes. Stereos, sonic booms, fireworks, etc. anything that has a deep bass sound actually hurts me physically . I don't like going to my family's favorite church cause they play LOUD music with HEAVY bass. I always feel like my heart is twisting with each note. It doesn't help that my coworkers LOVE heavy loud bass and loud music in general. Most of them will blare their stereos. A lot of them shake windows. I have to be very vocal when in the vans, to make sure they don't turn up the volume and bass.... else I get feeling ill. Noooot fun.

Comment

I get interesting mash-ups when my neighbors decide to have their parties:

Lady Gaga + Marachi Music

Trance Music + James Brown + Spanish Rock
                              *jedi hand wave* This game works...just not in your system.

Comment

Working...
                              X