Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations You Just Lost A Sale (Short)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations You Just Lost A Sale (Short)

Ok, I was actually the customer here but still a very clear case of bad sales pitch. I was at the mall staring at some jewelery in one of those little kiosks, so of course the person operating it was on me like flies on stink trying to get me to buy something. I wasn't going to but then I did see some earrings I decided I liked enough to buy. But here's where the dude went wrong. He asked me if I was married, which I told him yes, and so said "Oh, because I was gonna ask you if you'd like to come back and maybe I'd have something special for you. But if you're married I guess that's not appropriate." I then pretended my son took a poop and ran off to go change him without buying a thing. At what point do you think it's a good idea to hit on your customer?

When is it a good idea? I would say never. One of my managers at a previous job asked a female customer if she wanted to go on a date and she got upset. He got a week off and a very stern warning never to do that again.

Comment

Forget that! I would not have pretended anything. I'd have told him straight up that what he's doing wasn't appropriate.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Umm err... I flirted all the time to make sales. I never asked but I got a few phone numbers out of it.

Comment

Pbeh. Try showing ya t*ts to make a sale.

Years ago, we had a rather...ummm, well endowed, yeah, that's it....young lady working behind the jewelry counter. At this time, employees had the option of wearing a white button-down shirt as part of their uniform instead of the standard-issue store polo shirt.

So she always wore the white shirt, which was a tad low-cut, and when she'd bend over she'd give guys a good look at her, ehhhh, goodies.

When she left, the apparel manager was wringing her hands over losing her best salesperson.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Pbeh. Try showing ya t*ts to make a sale.

Years ago, we had a rather...ummm, well endowed, yeah, that's it....young lady working behind the jewelry counter. At this time, employees had the option of wearing a white button-down shirt as part of their uniform instead of the standard-issue store polo shirt.

So she always wore the white shirt, which was a tad low-cut, and when she'd bend over she'd give guys a good look at her, ehhhh, goodies.

When she left, the apparel manager was wringing her hands over losing her best salesperson.
            Did she also appraise jewelry? I've got a pair of jewels I'd need for her to appraise.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Doubt it, perv.

She was just a kid. Now I hear she has one.

Comment

"Oh, because I was gonna ask you if you'd like to come back and maybe I'd have something special for you"

and there's two ways that could have been meant too.

1) sex
                2) he was going to give you a discount if you had sex with him.

if possible... i'd contact the kiosk owner and let them know that you were spoken to like that.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  "Oh, because I was gonna ask you if you'd like to come back and maybe I'd have something special for you"

and there's two ways that could have been meant too.

1) sex
                  2) he was going to give you a discount if you had sex with him.

So nothing special then.

Comment

now you see, gentle flirting with customers is ok, but out and out ogling or making those kind of suggestions is right out.

Selling while making subtle flirting is fine, maybe a small compliment here or there (how about this necklace? It'd go well with that fantastic top you're wearing), friendly chatting, a big smile just for them. thats all fine, heck its just being polite and friendly. I used it all the time when I was selling and very occasionally people would, politely, ask if i was single, or give me their number, but the majority of the time they'd just walk away with a smile on their face.
                    "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
                    Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

i must be twisted, that is hilarious to me, and i woulda flirted right back.
                      then again, without tone its hard to tell ya know?
                      Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

either that or... reverse-flirt... aka using the same innuendos but for shooting him down.

Him: Oh, because I was gonna ask you if you'd like to come back and maybe I'd have something special for you.

Evil Reply: You don't have anything in my size.

Also as a side note - I just realized this... even if the kiosk owner doesn't take action, you can still approach the mall customer service about it too.

Comment

You know my thing about it was that he just out right gave me the heebie jeevies. I get hit on by dirty old men with more tack and didn't make me go screaming for the hills.

Comment

Quoth Darkforge View Post
                            now you see, gentle flirting with customers is ok, but out and out ogling or making those kind of suggestions is right out.
                            Gotta be careful with this one. I tried to adjust the used care salesman question "What would it take to get you in one of these?" to adjust it for my job at the hotel. It did not end well.

Hello, pretty young lady. What would it take to get you in one of these beds?

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                              Gotta be careful with this one. I tried to adjust the used care salesman question "What would it take to get you in one of these?" to adjust it for my job at the hotel. It did not end well.

Hello, pretty young lady. What would it take to get you in one of these beds?
                              ok, I must admit that discretion is necessary in these cases, also rule 1 is somethign I should think about more often.
                              "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
                              Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Working...
                              X