This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to be used for ramming

I was in my local supermarket around 7:15 AM today. When I walked in i saw a manager talking with a old guy in one of the stores motorized carts. I overheard him demanding the manager, the one would do what the customer wanted. I didn't think anything of it and went on to get the few groceries i needed.

About 10 minutes later, as I was heading up front to check out i heard a loud alarm sound coming form the pharmacy area. I was near it and looked. I saw OG in his cart backing up, the ramming the pharmacy gate and repeating. I see the manager and a supervisor of some sort running over. The manger is on the phone. A crowd gathered.

The manager grabs the cart and pulls out the key.

M: Sir what are you doing?
    OG: I demanded that you open the pharmacy for me so i can get my pills and you gave me some BS how a "pharmacist" need to do it.
    M: Correct. That's the law.
    OG: Then you said you don't have keys. That Bull Shit. You lied to me all managers have every key ever.
    M: No, they don't. I don't have keys to the pharmacy because I am not a pharmacist. Only pharmacists have keys.
    OG: But the store is open the pharmacy has to be be open, it the law you idiot.
    M: No. It's not. As I told you. The pharmacy doesn't open to 9 AM.

Just them one of the local cops shows up and the OG begins to argue with him about the rude manager. Demanding the cop get him his meds and arrest the manager.

At that point i had to leave. I paid and when I walked out their were two cop cars and a ambulance out front. One of the cops was talking with someone who looked like the pharmacist I have seen before.

I feel sorry for the inevitable mountain of paper work the old guy just created for the cops and store.

I think he needs a padded room instead of his meds...or maybe that and STRONGER meds...
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quite possibly he got a free taxi ride to the local jail. It wouldn't surprise me . . .when I worked in corrections, I saw lots of disabled folks arrested.

But, OTOH, he'd at least get his meds at the jail
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Would it be wrong of me to say I'd pay good money to see that?

Those motorized carts the stores provide are so underpowered so just can't build up much of a head of steam with them. It would be amazingly stupid and amazingly entertaining to watch.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I dunno, those carts may not seem like they have much power, but they're heavy as hell and even a tiny bit of speed can cause a lot of damage. Ever been hit by one? Some people are unbelievable.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Kinetic Energy = 1/2 MxV (squared)

M - Mass
            V - Velocity

So if the thing weighs a large amount the energy applied will be quite high even if the speed is reasonably low - however speed will give much more impressive results.

(Knowing this equation ya'll know the scientific reason as to why trains make such a mess of anything that gets in its way)
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

ok...that was not what I was expecting when I read the title!

I seem to keep reading stories about SC complaining about breaking some "law" if the pharm. isn't open the same hours at the hosting store...I think I've filled maybe 5 perscriptions in my adult life and I even know that they are always open later/close earlier!
              Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                it the law you idiot.

Just them one of the local cops shows up .
                "Hi sir, The Police here, enforcers of The Law. We came by because our bat(shit crazy) signal went off and we're here to tell you something.Just because you want something to be illegal, doesn't make it so."
                Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Mostly because a train is damned heavy. Most trains go at about the same speed as most cars, though special high-speed trains can go substantially faster than that.

Rough guide to train weights:

Locomotive: 75-150 tons. Freight engines will be at the upper end of this range for traction, high-speed engines will be at the lighter end to reduce track forces.

Passenger carriage: 30 tons plain, 50 tons with a motor (eg. DMU). Add about 2-3 tons if fully loaded.

Rigid freight wagon: 25 tons empty, 50 tons full.

Bogie freight wagon: 40 tons empty, 100 tons full.

So a typical HST set weighs about 400 tons: two 75-ton power cars and eight 30-ton passnger cars. Maximum speed 125mph. You don't want to be hit by one.

Comment

Classic entitlement right there. Hope the old buzzard got what he deserved!
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

First lupo's story, now this. What is it with SCs using motorized carts as battering rams?

Wish we could arrest the lot of them and lock them up in a padded cell; then they can slam into the walls all they want!
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        Wish we could arrest the lot of them and lock them up in a padded cell; then they can slam into the walls all they want!
                        ... or each other....

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                          ... or each other....
                          Even better! See how well they can take what they dish out!
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Those scooters hurt when they hit you. My mom has run me down with her personal scooter at least twice...on purpose! (ended up hurting my back pretty bad the last time...and yeah, mom has a few problems from a head injury)

I've been run into a couple of times by strangers at stores. Had one ram the fabric cutting table at WalMart back when I used to work there. Got me with a glancing blow.

Why is it that people never apologize when they ram into you with the electric scooters or regular shopping carts? They just book it on out of there.

Comment

Don't forget buggies; those damn Formula One buggies are big and heavy, and a lot of mombies use them as weapons! I once, while on crutches, had a bitch slam her buggy into my legs three times. -.- After the third time, I told her that if she did that again, I'd hit her as hard as I was able accross her butt with one of my crutches.
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                              X