This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My time's more important than yours!

I had to pick-up a prescription and there was a pretty good size line. The pharmacy had apologized that they were running behind; no big deal. I'm maybe 4th from the front, a good dozen people behind me, lines moving along nicely. A little shaky elderly woman came-up and asked the lady in front of me if she could cut in. The lady in front of me let her. The elderly lady's order went fast, and nobody minded since she looked like she was on her last leg. Then a brisk, former trophy-wife type specimen briskly approached the line and me.

"I have people waiting in the car, can I get in front of you." (it was more like a statement)

I told her "I wouldn't mind letting you, but it's not really my decision; I think you'd better ask the dozen people behind me, because it wouldn't be fair to them." I turned to point them out and she looked down her queenly nose at them all. She approached the people behind me who nicely told her "I'm sorry, but we've had to wait too." She tried some excuse with another person that "I have patients in the car I have to get back to!" Another person in line replied "Ma'am, look, I'm with a patient here (she was a caregiver with a disabled person), why didn't you being them in with you?" And on and on down the line till she just ended-up leaving in a huff!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

I'm glad no one in line buckled down to her attitude.
    To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
    To pursue it with forks and hope;
    To threaten its life with a railway share;
    To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

awesome; i love the 'i'm special because i'm ooh so beautiful' attempt at trying to get in earlier.

kudos for allowing the elderly lady in; most people would have pitched a huge fit. i only get impatient when people start arguing over stupid shit they should already know, like their insurer, doctor or medicaid part a, b, c or z or when they start abusing the staff, then i really get pissed.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
      X