This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best shopping trip ever

Recently I was in one of our local supermarkets. They were having some custoemr appreciation day, and had a DJ taking requests. When I went in the DJ looked kind of lonely with no customers asking for songs to be played over the PA.

I decided to make things more interesting. I asked him to play a few selections sure to get attention of the shoppers as he was playing mostly top 40 and some classic rock and 80's stuff. My selections some good some evil...
    Journey - Don't stop believing
    Styx - Come Sail Away
    AC/DC - Thunderstruck
    Don Mclean - American Pie
    and yes, Rick Astley never gonna give you up

Apparently I wasn't the only person to rick roll the store that day as several employees told me it was the best music they had heard in the store ever that day.

XD You should've added YMCA and The Macarena to that to see if anyone would dance.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Like the first two. I think I'd have asked for some Led Zep...but not Stairway to Heaven cuz that's so overplayed. Maybe Misty Mountain Hop or Kashmir.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Like the first two. I think I'd have asked for some Led Zep...but not Stairway to Heaven cuz that's so overplayed. Maybe Misty Mountain Hop or Kashmir.
        I am particularly fond of the Bron-Y-Aur Stomp myself.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

i would have been up for 'the rover' or 'custard pie,' myself.

what?
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Awesome list. I personally have "Never Gonna Give You Up" on my mp3 player and play it often. I love it!
            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Needs more Final Countdown.

Comment

Quoth DerangedHermit View Post
                Needs more Final Countdown.
                That was a decent movie, especially the scene where F-14's are taking on Zeros...

Comment

i love all those song mattm04 !!!

my picks would have been all ABBA songs :-)

Comment

Ooooh, more Led Zep fans! I'd have gone for the Lemon Song myself (just for the last verse, to see if anyone noticed.....)
                    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

The Battle of Evermore <flicks lighter on>
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                        Ooooh, more Led Zep fans! I'd have gone for the Lemon Song myself (just for the last verse, to see if anyone noticed.....)
                        I have every LZ album in itunes -)
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Have you heard Bond doing Kashmir?

It's not quite the same, but it's still quite good.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            Have you heard Bond doing Kashmir?

It's not quite the same, but it's still quite good.

^-.-^
                            Damn you for making me spend money to get that album ...

Comment

Skyhooks: Horror Movie. Cold Chisel: Saturday Night.
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                              X