This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... you went in anyway?

Downtown today in my city, an electrical fire started in the basement of the 25 story BoA building. I was reading the story today, and it was explained that smoke was billowing out of the grates covering the sidewalks around the building, as well as fire shooting out of them eventually, at 6-10 feet. Here's a quote from the story:

"[Name Removed] saw smoke coming from under the sidewalk grates as he was entering the Bank of America building to go to the teller line. "When I was in the bank, flames started happening, and there was more smoke and thundering noises," he said. He said he felt the ground shake. "We saw all the fire trucks set up ... and then they said we had to move."

So... you saw smoke coming from the grates near the building... And you went in anyways?

For all the tellers downtown today, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that people came into your building as you were trying to evacuate. I'm sorry that people are so stupid that they stand there looking at fire shooting from your basement, hear explosions, and gawk long enough for firetrucks to show up.

Good thing no one got hurt. I'm pretty sure they would try and sue BoA.

maybe he hoped the vault would be burned open?

Comment

Maybe he thought the bank was having a fire sale.

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        Maybe he thought the bank was having a fire sale.

And then he demanded a discount on the fire because of the noisy alarms and explosions disturbing his "shopping experience", and the tellers were "rude" for evacuating
        Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

You think he'll complain that his $ smelled like smoke and sue for the cost of drycleaning his clothes?
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Smoke and flames shooting out of the grates?? I'd have been across the street within 3 seconds of seeing that. I sure as hell would not have gone into the nearest building!
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth angelicafire View Post
              Downtown today in my city, an electrical fire started in the basement of the 25 story BoA building.
              I heard about that. I had some business in a building near there on Friday. On Thursday I got an email from them saying there was a fire in a grate and that the electricity to the area was cut off, including their building, so the fire could put out. Fortunately the power was restored on Thursday and I was able to go there.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
              X