This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor parking reserved for 2nd shift but only 2 people came

Yesterday there was a reserved event during the 2nd shift. 50 spots were reserved. "Nancy" called me in the morning to let me know to block off the garage at 12 p.m. The parking office did not turn on the full sign. I had to place the big white sign stating Visitor parking is closed for a special event in front of the garage entrance gate.

When my co-worker got to work today I asked her how many people arrived for the big reserved event. She said 2. She also said that "Nancy" from the parking office kept calling her yesterday during her shift to tell her "do not let anyone else park in the garage."

Then there was a reserved event during my shift this morning from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. The entire garage was reserved, but only 3 people arrived.

Both of us feel it is crazy to have the garage reseved for a very small amount of guests.

The dept. that reserved the parking spots this morning requested that I give a token to everyone who arrived. I took the remaining tokens to the parking office & told "Nancy" that only 3 guests arrived during my shift this morning & only 2 guests arrived during the 2nd shift yesterday.

Is there a snowball's chance in hell that parking can bill the departments that reserve the garage for unused slots?

(Yeah, I know what the answer probably is, but I gotta ask...)
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
      Is there a snowball's chance in hell that parking can bill the departments that reserve the garage for unused slots?

(Yeah, I know what the answer probably is, but I gotta ask...)
      The dept. reserving ths spots is charged for all of the spots being reseved, but at a discount.

If you, as a customer, parked in Visitor parking, you have to buy a token for $5.00.

It would be great if the dept. was billed an extra $5.00 for every spot that was not used.

My co-worker feels that it is a waste of money to do this & that the parking office is losing money when the garage is reserved when it does not need to be.

People complain about the spots not being used when the garage is reserved, which I understand, but there is nothing we can do. According to our employer we have to follow what the client, the parking office, tells us.

Comment

At least they're not reserving the entire garage at no charge... Sucks, but it could be worse.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
        X