Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What they call the food doesn't change what it is!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    Man, they'd hate eating at my place. I've invented such delights as "Steaming Pile" and "Lost in Squash."
    Can I come over for dinner? sounds delicious!
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Beets on a burger? Okaaaay.
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth alphaboi View Post
        True. How else could an "Australian" restaurant not have a single meat pie? Outback doesn't even serve beetroot on their burgers!

Could be be ause they advertise more as a steakhouse with an Australian flair than as a true "Aussie" restaurant.
        Last edited by RogueOne; 01-20-2007, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Beets on burgers? That seems odd to me.

Then again, one time I ate at a fast-food place in Toronto and my burger had jalapeno peppers on it. Smething else I found odd, but it's probably more common than I think.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Beets on burgers? That seems odd to me.

Then again, one time I ate at a fast-food place in Toronto and my burger had jalapeno peppers on it. Smething else I found odd, but it's probably more common than I think.
            Up in the Great White North jalapenos might be a bit unusual, but down here in the south and southwest it can be difficult to find burgers without some kind of peppers added. I've just relatively recently learned to tolerate peppers that are just barely hotter than your standard black peppercorns even though I've lived here over 40 years!

I'm guessing that beetroot isn't the red bulbous part of the beet that we are all familiar with, but perhaps the white tendrils that are actually the roots...or even an entirely different plant?
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Beets on a burger would send me screaming off into the night.

But then, beets alone would send me screaming off into the night. Beets aren't so much a food as they are a horticultural practical joke. Gaaa.

I've tasted vegemite. I'd eat it if I was hungry enough. I've had worse. Like beets, for instance.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                I'm guessing that beetroot isn't the red bulbous part of the beet that we are all familiar with, but perhaps the white tendrils that are actually the roots...or even an entirely different plant?
                Nope, it's the same thing you are thinking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Beets_produce-1.jpg

Usually sliced about 5mm thick and pickled. Tasty, but don't let it drip on your shirt.

And yes, I am an Aussie!

Comment

Working...
                X