This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ma'am don't start

So I'm standing in line in the market behind this insufferable woman. First she stands there babbling about how her chicken dumplings taste sooo much better than other people's. She then starts in on the lack of celery in the produce section, the cashier informs her that some new produce is being put up right.

Does the woman go and check the produce section? No way!! She looks at the woman and simpers "I don't want to get in the way, it would be nice to have fresher celery though" The cashier (realizing that this chick would most likely hold up the line even longer) runs back to get it. The lady turns around sees the line of people behind her and practically sings "Uh-ohhhh looks like I'm holding up the line haha"

Now the store in our town is a small one they hire two teens to help with the stocking. The teens are not allowed to run the registers nor take money. The woman looks at them and goes "Why aren't they helping, they should open another register." One of the teens walks by and the lady watches her for a moment "Oh my god she totally ignored you how rude"

Finally I pipe up "They're only hired for stocking, they aren't permitted to ring up people" She looks disgusted "There's only one cashier, that is so stupid, there's a line." I respond "Well normally we get our own produce rather than send the cashier to get it for us" That shut her up

The woman looks up and down the line for I guess someone to stick up for her but saw only annoyed faces looking back at her. The cashier returns and she slowly writes out a check and stomps out of the store casting one last annoyed look at me.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

What a cow. Seriously. Its never the cashier's job to be a personal shopper. Get your own stuff. And she was proud to be holding up a line? That's so rude. But you were awesome hehe

Comment

Nice response.

Comment

Not only is she a lane hogging asshat who expects others to be her personal shopper, she's also a SLOW CHECK WRITER!!!!!!!!!! I'm surprised she didn't dig out change so she only had to write an even amount for her check.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
          She looks at the woman and simpers "I don't want to get in the way, it would be nice to have fresher celery though"
          Passive-aggresive much?

The lady turns around sees the line of people behind her and practically sings "Uh-ohhhh looks like I'm holding up the line haha"
          "Yes, you are, and the rest of us fail to see the humor."

The cashier returns and she slowly writes out a check and stomps out of the store casting one last annoyed look at me.
          Well yeah, how DARE you call her on her self-centered, sucky behavior?!

Good for you for putting that cow in her place. Hopefully she won't be so rude next time.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
          X