This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krogers sighting

I went to Krogers after work to get the food for our Thankgiving meal. While the groceries were being scanned, the bagger told the checker the following...
    • I was supposed to be at work yesterday, but I did not know I was on the schedule
    • I was given my training schedule, & so I thought Krogers would call me with my work schedule after being trained
    • I found out I was supposed to work yesterday when I called the store to give them my new home phone number

The checker told the bagger the same thing happened to her.

I was a cashier back in the 1990's. I always had to call the store for my work schedule or if I was working that day, I would get it before going home.

same for the navy.
    it was our responsibility to check the watchbill, which was usually posted at least a day prior.

Comment

that's held true everywhere i worked and in school; it's my duty to know when and where i'm supposed to be, not the workplace/school's.

guess they're still used to mommy and daddy holding their hands.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Major fail on the workers' part. I would think one of the first things you learn at orientation is where they post the schedule and when it gets updated.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

correct me if i am wrong but isn't it the employees' job to check their schedule when it is posted? At least that's how I was taught. Our schedule is posted on either late Thursday or early Friday. If by any chance I am off on a Friday I walk or ride my bike down to my workplace and pick up my schedule myself. I don't call in anymore because there is a chance the schedule can be read wrong or you may be given the wrong schedule by mistake
          NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

All the places I ever worked had a schedule posted,that's what you worked & you were required to know it.Even us musicians,a shiftless & wayward bunch,manage to make our gigs on time.
            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

to add the other perspective, the person training him could have said he would be called with his shifts, and then noone ever did.
              i mean, rare, but can happen.
              Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Honestly, it sounds like neither were informed where to check their schedule, so they assumed they'd be told at some point after their basic training shifts (which they were probably told as they weren't in the system yet).

So it sounds like a failure on whoever was in charge of orientation/training.

Comment

My old job (grocery store, too) had both a posted schedule for everyone to see, as well as a personal copy of the schedule that they handed out to all the employees.

Every place does it differently.
                  "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
                  X