This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Syriilord View Post
    Really? I got it here in Ireland last Saturday. It's not bad for a Disney game actually....
    I have a soft spot for Disney games going back to our Sega Genesis gaming days. I pre-ordered Epic Mickey, and will be picking it up this weekend.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I admit i bought a book a month before sale date... granted, i didn't know it at the time.

I did tell someone about it when i saw the other copy of said book on the shelf the following week.

As for work, stuff does tend to sneak out sometimes ahead of release date, but between the computers, slight paranoia on my part, and all my co-workers being competent, it's only stuff from boxes not clearly marked.

I did kinda freak out a tad the other day because we had the new WoW expansion on a cart to be worked. It was clearly marked and the person working the cart knew it didn't go out yet, but i didn't want a WoW fan to notice it was on the floor and grab it and run off to purchase it. (Granted, I know it wouldn't do any good, but given the people we have coming into the Wall...)

Comment

Yes, this is serious business. A chain of game stores in the UK went bust, and a contributing factor was that they'd break street date regularly. They'd only give the receipts out on the day of release, but put the money through beforehand. Yes, it was dodgy and I suspect when it was found on that this was regular practice, the wholesalers stopped giving them stock. There was a good few weeks when they were only trading on second hand games.

Comment

Working...
        X