Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why I don't let people touch my cars.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add me to the crowd as well. Unless rotating the tires is *included* with an oil change, they shouldn't be messing with them. Well, other than to check the air pressure, that is.

As I'm sitting here, I just thought of something. Does your engine have any breathers on it? As your crankshaft spins (and the pistons go up and down), pressure builds up inside the engine. A breather, allows said pressure to escape. Depending on location, these can sometimes get clogged...and the increase in pressure, can sometimes force oil out.

Another thing--does the car have an oil cooler? There could be a split in one of the lines, or one of the fittings could be leaking.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Well.... some shops will give ya a free tire rotation and balance with an oil change. That's really the only thing I could think of.
      My Wajas cave

Comment

Quoth Midorikawa View Post
        It only seems to show up on long drives, unfortunately, which means that the fan and driving 70MPH on the freeway blows the fluid all over. :-(
        My old car had an oil leak from the engine casing. Not quite sure where. But at first it would only leak when we drove at higher speeds. For trips to work and back, which never got over 40 mph, and never for more than about 20 minutes, it wouldn't visibly leak at all.

Of course, it got worse (and some iffy lube type place screwed up fixing it), so that car's pretty much permanently sidelined. That, and we went and replaced it.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Had a leak once from the remote oil filter on the '99 Blazer. Did not leak a bit when the engine was off, but when running it would just run right out. That took a while to figure out; the oil level kept dropping, but there was never a puddle underneath. Figured it out when I drove into an unplowed parking lot and saw a trail of oil leading to where I'd parked...

Comment

Working...
          X