X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I have your phone...."

This is from my wife the pharmacist last night:

They get a call & the guy says just that "I've got your phone"."What do you mean?" they ask.

In the drive-thru there's the pillars with the pneumatic tubes & call button & a phone to use if they can't hear the speaker.

Well,turns out Mr. Brilliant drove off with the phone in his car & tore out the phone line,cracked the tube & took out a fair-sized chunk of concrete too.

I'm thinkin' it had to damage his car too,wonder if he's married,I'd love to hear that explanation!
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Yeah... that couldn't have been good for his car.

I've seen something like that happen at a gas station here recently. Guy left the fuel nozzle in his car and forgot about it, and drove forward to park outside the store. Rip! Good thing the safety valve worked, but there was a good bit of gas all over the ground.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

not to mention.... would he be liable to pay for the repairs?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        not to mention.... would he be liable to pay for the repairs?
        Hell YES! There's no manager spineless enough to let a customer walk away from that one.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
          Hell YES! There's no manager spineless enough to let a customer walk away from that one.
          awww!! isn't it sweet? Panacea is still an optimist!!

Comment

They're not gonna go after him for repairs,apparently the company sees it as a business expense.
            The wife tells me he's a regular customer & a nice guy,after all he did at least admit to what he'd done & not just drive off.
            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

The title makes it sound like a ransom call!
              Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                awww!! isn't it sweet? Panacea is still an optimist!!

Hahaha! Wait until after the holidays.

Comment

Too bad this wasn't on video. It would have been awesome to watch.
                  Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Cost of doing business. Insurance will cover most of it, I'm sure.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
                      Yeah... that couldn't have been good for his car.

I've seen something like that happen at a gas station here recently. Guy left the fuel nozzle in his car and forgot about it, and drove forward to park outside the store. Rip! Good thing the safety valve worked, but there was a good bit of gas all over the ground.
                      Some lady once did this at my store and screamed at my manager "Your pump damaged my car, what are you going to do about it?!"

He calmly replied, "Ma'am, your car damaged my pump...what are YOU going to do about it?"

She stuck her nose in the air, harumphed, and drove away. He chuckled and snapped the hose back together. Good as new.

Comment

Quoth Rantsylvania 6-5000 View Post
                        The title makes it sound like a ransom call!
                        When I saw that title, I was reminded of a line from the latest Star Trek film.

Comment

Quoth RavenStarr View Post
                          Too bad this wasn't on video. It would have been awesome to watch.
                          Ask and ye shall receive.

Gas nozzle drive off #1.
                          Gas nozzle drive off #2.
                          Gas nozzle drive off #3.
                          This one is funny.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

two words....Face and palm
                            I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
                              They get a call & the guy says just that "I've got your phone".
                              Kudos to the customer for stopping and admitting when he made a mistake.

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
                              They're not gonna go after him for repairs,apparently the company sees it as a business expense.
                              The wife tells me he's a regular customer & a nice guy,after all he did at least admit to what he'd done & not just drive off.
                              Shame on the manager for not doing the right thing and sending the information to both the store's and the customer's insurance policies. "Business expense" means that he will have to make up that loss in sales, most likely by raising prices.

Comment

Working...
                              X