X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The finger

Big surprise ya'll, but not that one.

Yes, I was bad, and went to McDonalds. Hey, I went all last weekend without it, give me props. I'm trying.

Anyway, the car ahead of me was at the second window, where you get your food.

I saw a hand extend out the window and a pointer finger point and shake up and down. Point and shake. Then a middle finger wiggle alongside the pointer finger.

The girl poking out the window had a look on her face.

Not even sure what it was about, but something about people pointing and shaking their hand at others has always just bugged me.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

i agree; it's like correcting a dog's behavior. very insulting and demeaning.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Kinda reminds me when I worked for 'the Mouse;' we were taught when gesturing to something / pointing in a direction to motion with our whole hand or the first 2-fingers, so as not to accidentally insult someone from another culture. The habit's still with me today.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        Kinda reminds me when I worked for 'the Mouse;' we were taught when gesturing to something / pointing in a direction to motion with our whole hand or the first 2-fingers, so as not to accidentally insult someone from another culture. The habit's still with me today.
        At some point as a child, I was taught "It's rude to point!" I tend to gesture with my entire hand instead, and I don't really know where I picked up that habit or when.
        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Working...
        X