This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For once, the old adage was correct

I just came from my local grocery store. It has a bakery in it. I had gone to get some of their muffins. While I was being helped, I saw that an older woman (who had the wrinkles of someone with terminal cat butt face) had come in to pick up a cake she had ordered. She was fussing that the lettering on the cake was not in the style she thought it should be. I glanced at the offensive icing. Honestly, it looked like the typical script seen on most cakes. I thought it looked very nice. The woman was demanding the writing be redone “RIGHT NOW!!!!!”

(The cake cost all of $15. What had she seriously been expecting from a super market bakery?)

Cake decorator: Ma’am, you never indicated any style for the letters, and I do not see what is wrong with it. Even if I was to redo the lettering, I cannot just take the icing off and put more on. I will have to make an entire new cake.

Old cat butt face: SO???? Get on it! AND I expect this to be discounted for my time waiting.

CD: I am going to have to get my manager. I will be right back.

OCBF: Get her, then!

The decorator walks away. The woman sees me standing there and addresses me with attitude.

OCBF: Hmph. I should never have come here. Now she probably is saying I am some sort of perfectionist bitch.

Me: Well, the customer is always right.

OCBF: EXACTLY! <smiles, causing her wrinkles to render her reminiscent of the Grinch>

I think the “What?” she spouted as I walked away indicated she had caught on to what I meant.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Hahahahahahaha!

Comment

While I was being helped, I saw that an older woman (who had the wrinkles of someone with terminal cat butt face)
      almost busts a #1 on that. there's a mental image that will stick with me for a while.

damn, i'm hoping that the manager tells her a discreet "hell no, take it or leave it" and walks off.

if you want something special, specify or deal. damn jerks who can't come out of their meverse to join the real world for a few moments.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Her cake was a lie!
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          Her cake was a lie!
          Boo!

-10 points for Gryffindor!

Comment

Quoth GreySergal View Post
            Boo!

-10 points for Gryffindor!
            Well then it's a good thing I'm in Ravenclaw then, isn't it?
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              Well then it's a good thing I'm in Ravenclaw then, isn't it?
              join slytherin, we get to have all the fun

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
                Now she probably is saying I am some sort of perfectionist bitch.
                I wonder what else she thinks she isn't?
                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
                X