This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer tried to park in faculty/staff garage

This happened last Friday. It was the last day of fall semester before finals begin. Normally, it is slow on Friday's because there are not many classes on that day at the university I work at as a Visitor parking attendant. There are several parking lots near that campus that are available as well as Visitor parking. It is all pay parking.

I noticed a car at the faculty/staff garage entrance. Other cars were waiting behind this car. There is a free standing gate next to the Visitor parking booth that prevents anyone from going around the booth. That gate goes up after you exit Visitor parking. I noticed that customer speaking to the call box at the faculty/staff entrace gate. Then I saw the car behind the customer back up, & then I heard a loud noise. That car, & the driver happened to be a staff member, backed up into the free standing gate. So I called dispatch to let them know what happened. The lead dispatch guy answered & said "dispatch" in an annoyed, frustrated tone of voice. I had a feeling it probably had to do with the customer who pressed the call box at the entrance gate. The entrance gate went up, the customer entered the faculty/staff garage, & then drove around to the exit gate. The customer then pressed the call box, & the gate went up. The customer exited the garage & parked across the street at the metered lot.

Hmm... I wonder what the customer told dispatch when he pressed the call box at the entrance gate.

bet they were even more annoyed that the driver hit the gate. was it damaged?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      bet they were even more annoyed that the driver hit the gate. was it damaged?
      Not too badly damaged since it is constructed to withstand being hit by a car. Of course it costs thousands of dollars.

A campus cop came to put it up again.

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
        Not too badly damaged since it is constructed to withstand being hit by a car. Of course it costs thousands of dollars.

A campus cop came to put it up again.
        Hopefully they have cameras to see the plates and parking permits to send them a bill for the labor, even if the arm wasn't damaged and just had to be put back on.

Comment

Working...
        X