Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not leaving the house for the rest of the day......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hehe *snicker* maybe it's because I'm Canadian (yes, we do apologize profusely. For everything, whether it's our fault or not - anyone who's seen Canadian Bacon will get it). I've had people step on my foot. HARD. And I've apologized to *them* for being in the way. *sigh*
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I understand the impulse, as I'm overly polite sometimes, but still, I get incredibly annoyed in stores when people get in my space. For one, I'll move slower, just so I don't prove to you that getting up in my space will make me go faster. For two, the main reason it bothers me is that I don't want you looking at my wallet/ID/Credit card, nor do I want you up close enough to get a hand on my keys or purse. And for three, I do not want your germs, thank you much.

I'll get out of the way as much as I can, especially if I'm in a busy store (like the grocery store on Thanksgiving morning) but I really don't like having my personal space invaded--same way I feel about being tailgated in my car.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
        I've had people step on my foot. HARD. And I've apologized to *them* for being in the way. *sigh*
        That happens to me with coworkers. You probably can't imagine how small some of the work areas are. I apologize for my big feet* and try to shuffle off.

*Depending on the shoe or boot, I can wear from a size 7 up to a 9. The 9s are my work shoes, since my feet swell.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

OOOhhhh! Heelies!!!! My last store has a cafe that is up 3 steps from the main floor, so there is a ramp about 15 feet long on the side for wheelchair/stroller access. Kids in heelies looooove that. You'll be walking along that section on the main floor and hear them rolling down. And they can only see straight ahead of them until they shoot out the end into someone about to come around the corner.

My cousin's 9 year old got them for Christmas. Grrr. He wanted to put them on at his grandparents' house when we were there for dinner and his dad said yes . The house if FULL of antiques and breakables and expensive stuff. Then I realized they hadn't put the wheels in them yet, thank the deity of your choice.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

They need to outlaw those skater shoes......the shoes that you can roll along in, like skating?
            I concur. They banned those shoes that light up in many places, but those damn Heelys are even more of a hazard.

You don't get to wear your Rollerblades inside a store; why should Heelys be any different?
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Why would they ban the shoes that just light up?

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                I concur. They banned those shoes that light up in many places, but those damn Heelys are even more of a hazard.

You don't get to wear your Rollerblades inside a store; why should Heelys be any different?
                There was a guy in one of my classes in college who wore roller blades to get around campus. And no, he did not bring shoes to change into, either. He sat next to me and for 50 minutes, 3 times a week I got to listen to his stupid wheels clicking every time he moved his feet.

Although, I gotta admit, they would come in handy at work some days. I work in a warehouse and it takes me 5 minutes at my normal pace just to get up to my office. Sometimes I wish I had wheels. (We actually have tricycles to get around, but we only have one for our department, and if someone rides it out to the front at night, the first person in -which is not me- rides it back in the morning. Also, ours is always getting stol-er-borrowed by unknown warehouse people.)

Comment

I would think wearing rollerblades all day would get a tad uncomfortable...but that's just me.

The tricycle to get around work sounds pretty funny.
                  I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                    I would think wearing rollerblades all day would get a tad uncomfortable...but that's just me.

The tricycle to get around work sounds pretty funny.
                    It is kinda funny sometimes, especially when it's a big tough-looking guy riding it. They even have baskets on the back. And paper "license plates" with the department it belongs to and an inspection sticker. The electricians and some other people have golf carts. I'd rather ride that. The trike seat isn't really the right height for me, but there's 8 people in my department so I don't want to play with the seat. I just walk. I need the exercise.

Comment

Working...
                    X