This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More happy times at the Mobil station

This is from the other day. I had to stop by a Mobil station (a different one from my previous story) to grab something for breakfast because there was nothing to eat at the house. While I was there, I overheard the staff discussing their Big Problem of the Day: they were out of regular gas, and for some reason had been shafted on the expected delivery. The girl on the register had to page someone outside THREE TIMES to say "There's no regular, please select supreme."

Fast forward to after my shift. I was very thirsty, so I stopped by the same station again on the way home to get a fountain drink. They'd had a shift change, and the guy on the register is a guy who's been there for years. They apparently STILL hadn't gotten their gas deliverys I walked from the soda fountain to the register, a guy burst inside and started complaining loudly about the lack of regular.

SC: YOU SHOULD PUT A SIGN OUT THERE ON EVERY PUMP SAYING YOU'RE OUT OF REGULAR!

Mobil Guy: Yes, but I only just got here, and I can't speak for why it wasn't done earlier. I'll do it when I get a chance.

SC: No, you need put a sign out there NOW.

MG: Sir, I understand, but I have only been here for 10 minutes, and I have a line. *points to the five person line, with me at the end*

SC: I understand that, but you NEED to put a sign up saying you're out of regular!!!!

MG: You say, you understand that, yet you continue to ask? I have a LINE. I will do it when I get a chance.

At this point the moron stormed off and positively peeled out of the gas station. Clearly he did not understand the concept of OUT OF STOCK. Yes, idiot, this applies to gasoline as well. And there are AT LEAST 3 other stations within 5 minutes of this one. And it's not as if they were entirely out of gas; just regular.

To the credit of the other people in line, they commented to the cashier abotu what an ass that guy was, and one guy even volunteered to put signs up himself if there was any paper handy.

I mean really. This guy should be glad that gas is as "cheap" as it is now (as compared to the outrageous natiowide price gouging following Katrina).
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Wow, I've never seen a gas station run out of gas before...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

We had a nation of fuel stations without petrol a while ago - it even made news in the US, which is a pretty big event for us.

Damn, but that was funny to look back upon.

Rapscallion

Comment

This happens every once in a great while. It is beyond the gas stations' control. The most we can do is call the gas delivery people and ask where our delivery is and when will we be getting it? And then, some time after it is even later, call and ask again...and again and again...etc. etc. etc. When this happens, we take the price for regular off the sign and move mid and premium down to the lower prices so we are losing money on all fronts here.
        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

There's been a few stations in my county that have run out of Regular gas ... nothing too big ... I make sure I have enough to drive around for a while, or I don't venture too far from my house (in case I have to make a rush to the grocery store).

Comment

Working...
          X