This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stopped myself!

OK, so last night I was at Here Everything's Better PLUS doing some Christmas shopping; as I was walking to the department I wanted - I passed one of their center of the aisle display crates; it had a sign that said $1.50 and was FULL of hair dye (my brand, found my color! 2 boxes!) went and did my shopping, found the Xmas gift, was walking back to check out and thought "at that price stock up, and I'm telling the girls!" so get back to the crate, and on the front of it they have these yellow in store coupons for $1.00 off - now I'm think Score! 50 cents a box of hair dye, no way!* found 2 more boxes of my color, grabbed 4 coupons; go to check out and the dye rings up 2.50/box so I tell the guy "Oh, I thought they were 1.50 before coupon" he says "no its 1.50 after.." I said "oh, oky" (because at that price its still a deal as I usually get 2 boxes for 6 - 8, this time I'm getting 4boxes/$6)

*turns out I was right

I stopped myself from telling him "Well that's not what the sign says" Nor did i tell him that to prevent someone from being sucky they might want to add "After coupon" to the sign....

I know I wasn't sucky b/c I asked for clarification and accepted his answer; but at the same time it is a little misleading (and I would've loved to get my dye for that price!)
    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Glad you weren't sucky. Asking or suggesting they put "with coupon" on the sign wouldn't be sucky, depending on how you would say it. I would agree with you and suggest it to management if I were the cashier; I would've been confused too.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'm wondering if it did say w/coupon on pt. 1 font.

Either way, good for you for being nice.

Comment

Good on you for not being sucky.

As Food Lady said, depending on your tone, the suggestion to add "after coupon" to the sign wouldn't be sucky. You just have to come across as helpful. I've done that myself while shopping when I see a nice price on a sign that turns out to be incorrect or misleading. Having been a cashier myself, it would be nice to get that heads-up in a non-sucky way so store employees can check up on it and correct the problem before the real SC's show up.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          I'm wondering if it did say w/coupon on pt. 1 font.

Either way, good for you for being nice.
          Try a font called "Legal Flyspec", it's designed to print in 1 point, 1/2 point, and 1/4 point.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Had one of those tonight at the Bullseye, where they had a giant sign saying 'buy two 12- or 24-packs of toilet paper, get a $5 gift card'. We thought it was a great deal and grabbed one of the 12-packs (of the right brand) that was behind the sign.

The promotion didn't come up. Apparently, you need the 12-pack of MEGA rolls, not the 12-pack of DOUBLE rolls, even though it doesn't say that on the sign.

Ah well. We needed toilet paper anyways.
            It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Honestly, at least here in PA, you would have been legally entitled to get it at $1.50, if the sign didn't, in fact, say with coupon. I'm not saying that kicking up a fuss would have been the right thing to do, but if a store marks it wrong, they have to honor the price.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Now why can't I find a sale like that!
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I shop at that store too, was just there tonight actually, and have noticed that they're pretty bad about that. From what I figured out, if the price is yellow, that means that's the after coupon price. If the price is white, it's before the coupon.

Comment

Working...
                  X