This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner and a show at the Chinese buffet

So today I met some friends for Chinese food at this all-you-can-eat buffet downtown. The food is groin-grabbingly good.

We went and got our food and sat down in a booth. A few minutes later, in comes this obnoxious guy and two younger people, who could've been his kids, or maybe one was his kid and the other was a boyfriend or girlfriend.

They announced their presence often and loudly. No sooner had they sat down (in the booth right ahead of us, great), the obnoxious guy went "WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! IS THAT GOOD FOR A DOG?" Yeah, real good. Please stop now.

After their drinks arrived, Obnoxious guy goes "PEPSI!? PEPSI? DID YOU GET A PEPSI?" loud enough for everybody in the restaurant to hear. Yes, she did get a Pepsi. Hush now.

Then, perhpas most amusing, obnoxious guy announced "THIS IS GOOD DRUNK FOOD! I NEED SOMETHING TO SOAK UP THE ALKYHOL!" Mind you, this was at about 3 in the afternoon.

So, instead of engaging in quiet conversation with my friend over dinner, I had to listen to Drunk Obnoxious Guy bellowing about everything and nothing at once.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Man, I hate loud people.

Just today in the cafeteria, I saw a guy like this. He's using every lung-related faculty to blast his voice across the room. I couldn't even understand what he was saying (right, you're in college, far be it from me to expect proper English).

Tip to loud guy: I understand you're happy and energetic, but I've got my own conversations. SHUT UP
    No good news is good bad news

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      "WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! IS THAT GOOD FOR A DOG?"

...I had to listen to Drunk Obnoxious Guy bellowing about everything and nothing at once.
      Drunk Obnoxious Guy=D.O.G.
      Apparently it was good for a dog, eh?
      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
      HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
        Drunk Obnoxious Guy=D.O.G.
        Apparently it was good for a dog, eh?
        HOLY CRAP.
        You've solved the Da Vinci Code.
        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
        X