Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, now they're actually running after people....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, now that I'm not employed with the other company associated with the Mart of K, I can actually respond to this.

I...was a "greeter" with my company. I was good at it, but I got yelled at by so many customers who...hated me. I got touched by a couple and got yelled at by so many that I refused to do it anymore. It's just as frustrating on my end, because I know how many customers absolutely hate being bothered (and I hate bothering them).

It's gotten to the point with those fricking rewards cards that we were being threatened with termination.

Slightly OT, I made the mistake of going to a "Shears" a couple weeks ago and realized how sucky it is being on the customer end of those damned transactions. Even with my obvious discount card, the lady still harangued me about a credit card ><

I'm glad to be away from that crap.

Comment

We hardly ever shop kmart. Walmart is actually better quality, at least that I've ever seen, and the kmarts around here always look... dirty, nasty, rundown.

Comment

All this is fascinating. The K-Mart near me is clean, shiny, has an amazing variety of product for deep, deep discounts and never has any customers. I swear to god, it's a Mafia money laundering front. It's the only thing that makes any sense. During Christmas, you could fit two roller skating rinks in the parking lot and probably a dance hall. I am dead serious.

Comment

Another interesting note: Target requires driver's licenses for booze purchases. We are fine with this. The card is scanned and life goes on. But the computer cannot spit up Target doesn't want to give us a credit card (we tried and were turned down) and the employee then asks. It is boggling the mind.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
            I wouldn't have minded so much if the machine had been able to ask me without locking up the transaction. What was the point of having to drag an attendant into it? It seems to me that defeats the whole point of having the self-checkouts.
            Oh that's easy...it's a guilt trip! It's harder to say no to a person than a machine, and doubly so when you know you've inconvenienced the, or so corp thinks. Plus a human can use scare tactics on you that would only seem lame coming from a machine.
            "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
            - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Working...
            X