Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gross Sighting. What's worse...it was me.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gross Sighting. What's worse...it was me.

This is something of a quickie, that I must admit could be something of an amusing sighting. It's gross though, so if you don't like blood, don't read any further.

You were warned...

I have horrid sinuses. I mean horrid. Allergic to most kinds of dust, pine needles, pine pollen; and anything else you can be allergic to. When my sinuses really get going, things happen. Meaning, it's not unheard of me to get nosebleeds. This one, was rather funny, if a bit gross. So, I've got to pass it on.

While heading down an ailse looking for a good medicine to help (one that's non drowsy) I found myself rather close to a middle aged woman who's on the other side of the aisle. The pharmacy tech is right there with me, pointing out some things when suddenly I have to sneeze. Stepping back away from them both, I lift my hands to my face only to be rather shocked when the sneeze produces a large splatting sound and a huge pink mist around my head. Yeah, nosebleed sneeze. Worst kind. Grunting, I tried to catch the bleeding, only to have to hold my nose again as I sneezed a second time. All the while the lady was looking at me strangely and then says in a terrified voice. "You've got the plague!" With that she drops everything she was carrying and walks quickly out the store. The tech and I shared a look before I got the bleeding stopped.

PLAGUE?
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Curse YOU JERRY BEAVER!!!!!!!!!! It's all his fault, remember?

Comment

Wait! What? Plague? My children get nose bleeds with their allergies and I have never once thought PLAGUE! What was that woman smoking?
      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

My husband gets those gnarly nose bleeds occasionally, too. I guess all those years in martial arts getting his face rearranged didn't help matters any.

But the plague? I would be laughing my ass off if it didn't mean splattering more blood all over everywhere

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
          My husband gets those gnarly nose bleeds occasionally, too. I guess all those years in martial arts getting his face rearranged didn't help matters any.

But the plague? I would be laughing my ass off if it didn't mean splattering more blood all over everywhere
          The Plague...sound more like Captain Tripps.

Mayhap it is, mayhap it ain't!!

Comment

she probably thought you had Ebola.

Comment

is it wrong for e to want to be able to someday make the following call:

BK-"yeah I won't be in for a few days....I seem to have contracted the plague"
              No really the whole "black death" thing, I made the cdc website and everything!

BlaqueKatt-doesn't really want the plague, but it sounds so cool
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Nosebleeds are caused by allergies?

Maybe I should try Allergen to declog my ever-clogged sinuses (Going on 6 months in the right cavity)
                Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Unclean! Unclean!

*Runs away screaming*

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

First of all, I would pay money to see someone sneeze a pink mist and watch it settle, but I'm a twisted freak like that.

Second, if I saw someone sneezing a pink mist, my first thought WOULD be "What the hell is wrong with that person?" And maybe even "I should leave quickly through the nearest exit" if it was impressive enough. But the plague? That wouldn't be crossing my mind, no.

I'd probably think it was like the guy on CSI who had, like, Hep C or something like that, and could blow tons of blood out his nose at will. That was awesome.
                    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

It's happened to my boyfriend a couple of times, especially during spring pollen season. I've never had a nosebleed sneeze, but I do get nosebleeds when it's dry in my apartment, and... well, combine that with allergy season, and I make sure there's a box of kleenex in every room in the house, and pocket packs in everything we own. (oh hell, allergy season my ass. We both have year-round allergies LOL)
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

OK, first of all, ...sorry...

My first thought was whatever the disease they let loose in the hotel in the 2nd(?) season of 24.... Sneezing and bleeding from the nose are not symptoms of plague:

Bubonic Plague: Symptoms appear suddenly, usually after 2-5 days of exposure to the bacteria.

Sudden onset of high fever
                        The classic sign is a smooth, painful swelling of a lymph gland(s), called a buboe. The most common area is the groin, but swollen glands may also occur in the armpits or neck. Pain may occur in the area before the swelling.
                        Chills
                        General discomfort or ill feeling (malaise)
                        Muscular pain
                        Severe headache
                        Seizures

Pneumonic Plague may cause you to cough up blood, and Septicemic Plague can cause blood clotting problems, which could conceivable lead to a nosebleed, but if you had that you wouldn't be out shopping at the pharmacy

Weird trivia: did you know that buboes can "talk"? I can't find the book I read it in but apparently they can make some kind of gurgling noise.
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That's fabulous. Mostly because her first thought was "Plague." Wow.

And I feel for you, my sinuses hate me. I get sinus infections constantly, and I'm allergic to my own pets, who I love too much to give up. As such, Allegra is my saviour.

Slightly OT, but blood related: my mom's yellow lab nailed me in the mouth with her tooth a few weeks back (it was an accident, she's quite excitable and likes to jump up on me since I never reprimand her for it) and gave me the worst bloody lip I've ever had--we're talking squirty. And all my dad could say was "you're bleeding on your pants," then turn back to the computer as I cupped my face and ran for the bathroom.
                          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

The plague. Holy biscuit.

I'll have to say that at work sometime.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth ebonyknight View Post
                              The Plague...sound more like Captain Tripps.

Mayhap it is, mayhap it ain't!!
                              lol I was thinking the exact same thing! I can't believe that lady! I would have been a bit grossed out, but geez, it happens! It's not like no one has ever had a nosebleed before! ugh
                              Yes I'm talking to myself. It's the most intelligent conversation I have all day.

Comment

Working...
                              X