Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gross Sighting. What's worse...it was me.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was a freshman in high school my english class went to see Me and My Girl on Broadway. One of my friends got a bloody nose in the theater during the show. That was not fun.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
      Nosebleeds are caused by allergies?

Maybe I should try Allergen to declog my ever-clogged sinuses (Going on 6 months in the right cavity)
      It's possible. I have them once in a while, with a headache in the back of my head to go along with it when my allergies get really bad. Cold weather doesn't help it either it seems.

I keep a small hand towel with me around the house for when I get stopped up and can't breathe well. Sounds gross, maybe, but I'd rather have a "snot towel" within arm's reach than not be able to breathe.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Do you think she does that for everything?
        *blow nose* Ectoplasm! Youre possessed!
        "don't go to the neighbors,that's just what the fire expects you to do"-phillippbo
        "Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball."
        Support bacteria.They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

I used to date a guy who seemed to ALWAYS have a nose bleed.
          One day we were out somewhere and he gave me a hug. I felt my entire back get wet all of a sudden. Yes, mid-hug his nose started bleeding profusely for zero reason that we could tell.

I had to go home and get a different shirt as mine looked like I'd turned my back on a massacre.

Fortunately for him I have a high constitution.
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            Weird trivia: did you know that buboes can "talk"? I can't find the book I read it in but apparently they can make some kind of gurgling noise.
            What the eff is a buboe?
            I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
            "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
              What the eff is a buboe?
              Ya know, that sounded a bit on the rude side.

A 2 second Google search would have answered your question:
              http://chip.med.nyu.edu/datafiles/13/bubo.jpg

Don't look if you're squeemish though.
              "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                Ya know, that sounded a bit on the rude side.

A 2 second Google search would have answered your question:
                http://chip.med.nyu.edu/datafiles/13/bubo.jpg

Don't look if you're squeemish though.
                Didn't mean to sound rude. I've come to notice that there are several cultures represented on the boards and a lot of the slang used is unfamiliar to me, so I thought maybe the word you used was a local word for the actual name. My bad.

Comment

What the eff is a buboe?
                  I would probably be wondering that, too, but the question was answered in the same post that you quoted. :
                  Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

Bubonic Plague: Symptoms appear suddenly, usually after 2-5 days of exposure to the bacteria.

Sudden onset of high fever
                  The classic sign is a smooth, painful swelling of a lymph gland(s), called a buboe.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Didn't mean to sound rude.
                    It's all good then.

~TechSmith 314

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                      I would probably be wondering that, too, but the question was answered in the same post that you quoted. :
                      Ahh. I must have missed that then. Thanks for pointing it out. Glad to see I'm not the only one who would have been curious.

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                        I used to date a guy who seemed to ALWAYS have a nose bleed.
                        One day we were out somewhere and he gave me a hug. I felt my entire back get wet all of a sudden. Yes, mid-hug his nose started bleeding profusely for zero reason that we could tell.

I had to go home and get a different shirt as mine looked like I'd turned my back on a massacre.

Fortunately for him I have a high constitution.
                        When I was kid, I got horrible nose bleeds for no known reason. They were random too, so I could be sitting in class, talking to someone or just trying to sleep. The doctor had to burn something inside my nose to make them stop.
                        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Working...
                        X