This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
    I know of a couple of people who use Amtrack or Greyhound exclusively because the airlines, for some reason, won't allow them on, considering how many pointy or bangy things they carry regularly.
    Damn those airlines, being prejudiced against instruments of harm!!!!!!! :shaking fist in anger:
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

It's all Jerry Beaver's fault......

Comment

25 It is a train. Not a car. meaning that it may stop suddenly. If the conductor calls out a stop ahead, this does not mean stand up in the ailse and walk to the front. If the train stops too fast or the engineer pulls up short, you will find yourself on a "flight" before you expected such. This flight will end, most likely, at the other end of the car; or should the door be open, in the locomotive.

26. If you must use the restroom, please refrain from doing so in stations. Remember, passenger trains do not have tanks for their sewage. meaning when you flush, it will go out on the tracks. I do not need that smell in my nose while boarding or disembarking.
        Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
          26. If you must use the restroom, please refrain from doing so in stations. Remember, passenger trains do not have tanks for their sewage. meaning when you flush, it will go out on the tracks. I do not need that smell in my nose while boarding or disembarking.
          I thought this was an urban legend.
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
            I thought this was an urban legend.
            No, a bit oldfashioned. All the trains in Denmark used to just dump the ... everything on the rails. When you pressed the pedal you could actually see the rails running under the toilet (and sometimes the toiletpaper blew the wrong way when it was storming ). People living close to the rails got tired of finding toiletpaper in their trees and *** in their garden so now all trains here have sewagetanks

Comment

Quoth DarthRetard View Post
              It's all Jerry Beaver's fault......
              OK, I've seen this said several times now....but who in the world is Jerry Beaver???

When I was 16, I wanted to spend the summer with my cousin in Wisconsin (Wausau area, but that's beside the point). I went to a travel agency and researched bus routes. I was determined to go. My mom sat me down and gave me the third degree on what I would do if--

Mom- What if a big fat greasy nasty guy smoking a cigar (this was back in the dark ages) sits next to you on the bus?
              Me- I'll puke on him

Mom- What if someone hits on you?
              Me- I'll tell them I'm going to Wisconsin because they have the best VD clinic in the country.

etc. Being 16, I had an answer for everything! I sure wish I was still that smart!

When she decided I really was determined to go, she and my dad paid for airplane tickets for me!
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Cia, I wish it were.

one of my hobbies, my main one when you get down to it, is model trains. So, often, I can be found out and about on my weekends doing research. One of the funniest, but nastiest things I can remember seeing was this young boy looking at his father and pointing at the tracks after an Amtrak train had picked up some passengers. The whole short conversation was:

Kid: "Look daddy. Someone dropped a candy bar."
                Father: (shocked) Uh...that's not a candy bar.

Picture the "baby ruth" scene from caddyshack.
                Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Working...
                X