This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
    At 54 I may be what some of you young'uns may consider "old" (I don't see myself that way) but I simply cannot understand what makes those people be so nasty.Even if I'm in a bad mood I don't take it out on some poor service person,to me that's just rude.

I can, perhaps, shed some light.

My grandmother was one of the sweetest women ever. Even when handing out some discipline, she was still sweet. The last couple of years she was alive she developed dementia. For those of you that don't know, one of the side-effects is an altered personality. They get aggressive and angry over nothing.

Now, I've been balding since pretty much college but in fifteen or more years my grandmother never mentioned a word to it. But one night while having dinner at her house, she starts in on me that I should take whatever that hair growth pill is. I just responded that "I thought it was more important what you were like on the inside, not the outside" and she finally relented before moving on to insult someone else at the table... I think it was my aunt for getting divorced.

Anyway... it's a horrible disease, arguably worse than Alzheimer's because not only do they forget things but they can turn mean. Unnecessarily mean. Not that I'm defending the behaviour, per se, but rather explaining the roots.

Of course... some people are just miserable pricks.

Comment

Wow, I'm surrounded by a buncha ol' fogeys!

Ol' Fogeys that could give me a whoopin' and take my bacon away.

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
      At 54 I may be what some of you young'uns may consider "old" (I don't see myself that way)....
      Wait.... BOSSMAN?! IS THAT YOU??
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
      X