This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude at the Gas Station

No, not Mr Rude, who I'm sure is just a saint at gas stations...

Just a rude customer. Shockingly so, really. I'd stopped at this gas station to, well, gas up. It was kinda busy, but there were 2 pumps open aside from the one I went to. One of the two had a broken card reader, so no paying credit with it. It was clearly marked, easily readable, and there for the world to see.

So I'm filling my tank, and this "gentleman" pulls up in his SUV, stops at the no credit card pump, and pulls out the nozzle. He hits 'Pay credit'. How do I know this? The attendant can be heard clearly over the intercom stating "Sir, the credit slot on that pump doesn't work, if you use that one, you'll have to pay inside."

Now, here we have two choices.

1.) "Okay." Move to the other open pump, pay with credit.

2.) "Okay." Pump here, go inside, pay.

His choice?

"But I want to pay at the pump!" in the whiniest voice I have *ever* heard a grown man use. And mind you, this isn't some 16 year old kid, this guy's probably in his early 30s.

I could almost *feel* the sigh the attendant must have let out at that one. She reiterated her comment, that if he uses that pump, he'll have to pay inside, and points out the other open pump.

What's he do? He starts pumping his gas at the pump he was at. And to top it off, he gets it going, gets it so it's pumping itself... And gets into his car with a huff, slamming the door as hard as he possibly can. No, not dangerous at all, thanks pissed off 30 year old manchild...

I didn't get to see him pay(I'd already paid and was on my way out when he was headed for the attendant), but by the look on his face he was going to continue being a douchenozzle once he got inside...
    Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

WAHHHHH, I HAVE TO USE MY LEGS!!

Remember being little and wanting to go inside every time your parents pulled in somewhere? Maybe his parents didn't go to a lot of places...
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
      Remember being little and wanting to go inside every time your parents pulled in somewhere?
      I'm STILL like that!!!!!!!!

Like they say, "Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional."
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Remember being little and wanting to go inside every time your parents pulled in somewhere? Maybe his parents didn't go to a lot of places...
        "I'm hungry! I have to use the bathroom! Jimmy's on my side of the car! I need to stretch my legs! My eyes hurt (I vaguely remember saying that one after having finished my eighth book on a particularly long road trip)..."
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Remember being little and wanting to go inside every time your parents pulled in somewhere?
          The sad part is that these days, the immediate response is "Mommy get the stroller now!"

Parents: dump the strollers. Carrying the little ones who can't walk yet is good for you. Letting the ones who can walk do so is good for them. Let the Nintendo generation learn what excercise is, before the national life expectancy starts to drop.

OK, threadjack over. Move along, nothing to see here, folks.

Comment

Because you can't use your credit card inside? Those boots were made for walkin', not just for keeping your footsies clean.
            -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
            -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

That was my ex, and he certainly is not in his 30s....

jk....but I hear you on the whininess............BUT I DON'T WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT TO!

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Makes me wonder if these "people" are still wearing Pampers and if there's a binky in their cup holder in their ugly SUVS lol.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Drakstern View Post
                "But I want to pay at the pump!"
                And I want a time machine and a BB gun. What the hell is your point?

I actually prefer to pump first and pay at the till-that way, I can fill my tank to the brim. Or, as has happened once, pre pay $30 and actucull use about $28 and change.
                I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

The only time I came even close to this was one day when my bad hip was in agony. I was on fumes, and pulled into the first station I could find. The sign on the side of the pump said to buzz for assistance, so I did. I got NO response. I could see inside, and it was not busy. I waited a bit and buzzed again. No response. I finally gave up and hobbled inside, about 50 yards--it was a BIG station, and let them know that apparently their buzzer was out of order. Oh well. I generally don't let my gas get that low, and I've never been back to that station. It was just there at the time I desperately needed gas.

Quoth Juwl View Post
                  "I'm hungry! I have to use the bathroom! Jimmy's on my side of the car! I need to stretch my legs! My eyes hurt (I vaguely remember saying that one after having finished my eighth book on a particularly long road trip)..."
                  When I was young, we moved across the country several times. The last time we moved down from Seattle, to Fort Worth when I was 5, we had our dog, Dutch, with us. I was lying in the back of the station wagon, when Dutch got car sick.... "Mom, Dutch just threw up all over my comic book...and I haven't even read it yet!!!"

I was more upset about the book than about the dog puking!

On another (the same?) trip, up in the mountains of California on the winding twisting roads, in the fog, with the big trucks tailgating, and the sheer cliffs on either side, my brother was getting antsy, so my mom told him to sing a song.....He starts up with, "Nearer My God to Thee."

My mom laughs about these things now, but I'm sure it wasn't much fun at the time!
                  Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                  X