Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Um... food is cooked differently at different restaurants!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um... food is cooked differently at different restaurants!

So, Dad and I were on our own for dinner last night, Mom had a meeting somewhere. So, we went to try out the sports bar just down the street from the house. We sit, we order, we get our food. Dad apparently got the better deal from his food, my country fried steak was bland as could be, but I didn't complain about it, cause the veggies were delicious. About halfway through our meal, a couple comes in, and sits down right behind me. They order, they get appetizers, the lady of the couple got nachos.
    Suddenly, I notice this woman is berating her server, about how her nachos are too dry, no cheese, and so on. I sneak a quick glance at her food, and it's mostly a mexican haystack with tortilla chips instead of fritos. It's not supposed to have melted cheese, you ditz.

She goes around and around with her server about how "It's really dry, nachos usually have cheese. It's just really dry."

Um, no, not always. Nachos can be made thousands of different ways, and the menu specifically stated it was meat and onions on the nachos, nothing else. I remember checking out the appetizers.

Every five seconds, she returned to "these nachos are really dry. They're supposed to have cheese, can you put cheese on them? They're really dry."
    "I call murder on that!"

Quoth Juwl View Post
    Every five seconds, she returned to "these nachos are really dry. They're supposed to have cheese, can you put cheese on them? They're really dry."
    Server: "Yeah, I noticed that. I've also noticd that this conversation is getting pretty dry, too."

That's right folks--today, Spiffy brought his "A" game.
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

For Funks Sake!

Nachos are like bread, pile yummy stuff of your choosing onto them.
      ludo ergo sum

Comment

Yeah I once had an argument with my at-the-time GF...we ordered chips and cheese queso dip for an app., and she kept telling the server it was supposed to have beef in it...I was like, no, thats the queso CON CARNE (spelling?) we get at the "other place". She got really mad over at the server over it, and then of course me since I agreed with the server.
        If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
        www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Quoth RentalRacer View Post
          Yeah I once had an argument with my at-the-time GF...we ordered chips and cheese queso dip for an app., and she kept telling the server it was supposed to have beef in it...I was like, no, thats the queso CON CARNE (spelling?) we get at the "other place". She got really mad over at the server over it, and then of course me since I agreed with the server.
          just fyi, carne is meat, but queso is cheese (so cheese queso dip is a bit redundant).
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
            just fyi, carne is meat, but queso is cheese (so cheese queso dip is a bit redundant).
            It's not redundant, it's just REALLY cheesy.

Comment

It's not redundant, it's just REALLY cheesy.
              *groan*

That was really bad...

Okay it wasn't, I'm just mad I didn't post it first
              My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Or maybe "cheese queso" is a cheese made out of cheese. It might be some genetically engineered cheese that produces it's own milk.

Comment

*snicker* okay. Lesson learned. Keep mouth shut in future LMAO Cause that was almost a rule #1 violation. With turkey pot pie.
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I might have asked but I wouldn't have kept on about it. Or, I might have ordered a side of cheese sauce.

When I see the word "nachos" my brain automatically conjures a vision of corn chips with lots of melted cheesy goodness- meat and other stuff is just a bonus should they happen to throw it on as well.
                    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                    HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                      When I see the word "nachos" my brain automatically conjures a vision of corn chips with lots of melted cheesy goodness- meat and other stuff is just a bonus should they happen to throw it on as well.
                      Same here, but I also look at the item description to see how it's put together. You know, because...like the title says!!!!!!!
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                      X