This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She doesnt need a man.

Sorry if femnazi offends anyone but this was kinda wierd sighing. And it did sort of involve a work position.

Ok I went to the bank today and through pacing and direction of travel I managed to arrive at the doors just before this young lady. Being taught right by my parents, I open the door, step to the side, smile politely at her making eye contact, and gesture for her to go ahead.

She stops, glares at me and says the following," I am not a little girl i can get my own doors and dont need a man to do that for me!" And then proceeds to stand there glaring at me. By this time a little old lady has walked up and she says, "Well I dont mind a gentleman holding a door for a lady." Smiles at me and goes on in. I give a chuckle, smile at her, say "No problem", and hold the door open for her as well.

Then I decide to just shake my head at the glaring lady and go on into the bank. Hey you want women's lib and to do it yourself then fine.

Well whats really funny is a while later I get out to Wal Mart. Guess who is my cashier? Glaring lady. I decide that maybe she was just having a bad day and so when it gets my turn is say:" Sorry about the misunderstanding earlier I was just trying to be polite." I dont catch what she starts muttering under her breath but I do notice that the purchases I made are going into the bag at a rather accelerated rate. Fortunately nothing really breakable just one dvd. (Flyboys) which she also "forgot" to deactivate the theft protection so of course I get stopped at the door by the detectors and all. Fortunately not a major hassle just had to show the reciept but still.

You know I have no problem with women who want to do whatever. I grew up in farm county and women who work and work hard are not exactly uncommon. But this lady's reaction was a bit overboard. Maybe she just had a bad relationship end, maybe shes one of those feminists who think all men want is keeping women barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. I dunno. I didnt say anythign to her boss for that reason but I think I'll try and remember her for next time and not do her any favors.

I'm a woman and I'm sorry but that "lady" needs to remove the stick she obviously has cracked off. Why is it some "ladies" are so opposed to people, men or women, being polite?! It's stupid and makes them look like idiots IMO.

Comment

Exactly. I hold doors open for people, men and women, cuz it's polite as opposed to giving someone a face full of door.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

What they said. Holding a door isn't sexist, it's just polite. Somebody needs a proctologist.

Comment

Darn skippy. I'm a girl, but I hold the door for people all the time.

Granted, I love the looks on people faces when I'm dressed up for a concert (i.e. lots of eyeliner, all my piercings in, short skirt, combat boots, generally punked out) and I'm still very polite to people. It's fun.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I get doors held for me by both men and woman and I have never been offended by it.

I also hold the door for other people too.
            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

What a strange woman. Now, I'm a 5'0 female (on a good day) and I hold doors open for men and women, and appreciate it when either men or women do it for me. It's a politeness thing. I highly doubt she would have been upset if a woman had held the door for her.

Comment

"How dare you treat me with basic courtesy and respect, male pig?!"

Geez, whenever somebody opens a door for me, I smile and say 'thank you'. Guess I'm a helpless victim of patriarchal civilization.
                Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

Golly, when a man holds a door open for me, I go all girly on him.
                  Observe:
                  Man holds door open
                  iradney *bats eyelashes*
                  "why, thank yewwwwww so much. And they say chivalry is dead"
                  *bat bat*
                  *walks through door*
                  Why? Coz it's nice of them! I hold doors open for men, women, animals etc. It's the way my parents raised me!
                  The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Geez! Get a grip "lady"! This was exactly why I liked going down to the Ag building at New Mexico St. Those guys had been raised to hold doors open. You'd go over to the Business College and get a face full of door. Actually, I'm a little shocked when someone does hold the door for me!
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I am a gentleman. That and also, I love the attention, I get from women (I get that from my Late Great Grandfather, and my Late Grandfather). I will hold doors open for women and men, also, if they are there at that moment. I never once, received an attitude about it.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

She's probably the same type of woman who complains that she can't find a good man, and that we are all jerks, no one is a gentleman anymore, chivalry is dead.

I would have closed the door on her whiny ass myself.

Comment

I'm a female, and I've been known to hold the door for people, because my Mommy raised me right. (Too bad the man of the household wasn't raised so well, but that's for another day...) What irritates me to no end, though, is when I'm holding the door for elderly type people and they mutter about how young people today have no manners.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Don't worry about it. You did the right thing, and I hope you are not soured on doing the right thing in the future.

I used to hear about people like this, and I had hoped they'd been ridiculed into exinction by now. Oh, well.

Holding the door for someone is an act of respect. "Grown women" recognize it when someone is trying to be respectful. It's not your fault she wasn't raised to recognize good manners, and its not your fault she wasn't raised with enough self respect that she would expect to receive respect from others.

Next time, just say, "I didn't hold it because you're a lady, I held it because I'm a gentleman."

What a stupid little jerk.

Comment

Add me to the list of women who appreciate someone holding the door for them, and also hold the door for others. I mean c'mon. It's just rude to let a door slam shut in someone's face. Why not hold it?
                              My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Working...
                              X