This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot move 10 feet?

I hate this happen just this morning. Went to a drug store to just pick up a few things and I was behind this one person in line who had brought some things up in one of those hand-carry baskets. Well after be checked out and left, he just left the basket on the floor right on the path that people would use as they left the counter just asking for somebody to trip over it. To make matters worse, the place you got the baskets from was only about 10 feet away from the counter.

Praise to the guy who was checking me out who pointed it out to me so I didn't trip over it and so I nicely put it away while he was checking me out. Only took 5 seconds, but that was too much for the guy in front of me.

Oh, yeah, I see that all the time. Had people leave their shopping carts right in front of me in the checkout line, too. They pick up their bag(s) of groceries and walk right out, leaving the cart behind.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Have you noticed the phenomenon where a single shopping cart or basket suddenly becomes a herd of them? How it works is this: A single lazy customers leaves their cart behind where it doesn't belong. The next customer sees this, realizes how convenient it is to be lazy too, and then they leave their own cart behind. Suddenly everyone is leaving their carts haphazardly shoved to the side instead of walking an extra 20 feet to put them away properly. If the area is kept clear, customers will actually walk and put their carts away. But as soon as that one single cart is left behind, suddenly everyone does the same. Mob mentality and laziness at work.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Piggy people suck, how would they like it if someone went to their job and just turned it into a pig pen.
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

carts and baskets are the new wire hangers; leave one by itself, and it magically multiplies...
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
            carts and baskets are the new wire hangers; leave one by itself, and it magically multiplies...
            Tell that to my closet. I buy a bunch of the damn things, and next thing I know I don't have any left! And it's not like I buy a lot of new shirts that use them up, they just disappear.

I think they're killing each other off while I sleep...
            my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
            it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
              Tell that to my closet. I buy a bunch of the damn things, and next thing I know I don't have any left! And it's not like I buy a lot of new shirts that use them up, they just disappear.

I think they're killing each other off while I sleep...
              Your hangers sound like my socks and undergarments. SOMEHOW, I'm down to 3-4 pairs of underpants, and 1 shoulder boulder, and I'll by six-packs of the former and 3 of the latter in one go FOR THAT REASON. And end up down to 3-4 and 1 respectively. Socks are another issue. I always manage to get down to 2 or so pairs of plain white socks. Out of 8.

If you ever visit my SCO, I try to keep my carts nice and tidy in two neat trains(Because the first cart type we had is no longer made, so when we ordered new carts... We got a new design that doesn't lock in with the old ones. Hence two trains). Unfortunately, people don't always either put them in the right trains(But they don't always KNOW about the lock-together issues, so...), or just shove them off to the side of the train. Lazy much?

Of course, worse yet, they pass the WHOLE TRAIN and leave them RIGHT outside the emergency exit doors Okay, people, when you do that, you are both BLIND TYPE FAIL and utterly STUPID. I should stick a fire marshal there to watch you and reprimand you!
              Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

In the trolley-collecting profession, we call them graveyards. Because, when one trolley is sent off to die, that is, left off in a place where it shouldn't be due to a lazy, good for nothing consumer, every other dumbbunny will play bunny see, bunny do, and leave their trolleys there. One of the best ways to replenish your bay was to ignore the trolley pens, and the trolleys at the front, and go searching for the graveyards. Usually, one would have about three runs worth of work. Management, of course, would typically insist they wanted the trolleys thrown into the pens first, and then the pens drained. They did not understand the concept of a trolley graveyard.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                  They did not understand the concept of a trolley graveyard reality.
                  Fixed your mistake

Comment

What pisses me off is when people ditch carts by the registers when they walk past the cart areas by the doors to leave...
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Am I the only person who 1) makes sure to bring a cart in from the outside when going shopping..and 2) Returns the cart to INSIDE once done shopping?
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                        Am I the only person who 1) makes sure to bring a cart in from the outside when going shopping..and 2) Returns the cart to INSIDE once done shopping?
                        After working at the wholesale club and having to retrieve carts at the end of the day, I would have to say... yes. Yes, you are.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                          Have you noticed the phenomenon where a single shopping cart or basket suddenly becomes a herd of them?
                          I have this really advanced theory involving magnatized shopping carts and all that, but yeah, it's probably the SCs

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                          And it's always the cheap wire hangers, the really good ones never breed.

Quoth Mytical View Post
                          Well, close - I take it from outside unless it's raining (in which case I live in hope of a dry one inside), and if I only have a few things I properly put it away inside the store (though if it's full, I do take it to my car and leave it outside, but only in it's proper little corral with it's friends).

Madness takes it's toll....
                          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I am too OCD sometimes I think. I will take a wet cart in, exchange for a nice dry one, and use it. Course..I am the one who walks around enjoying the rain, having fun watching everyboyd else run as if the rain is acid.
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

There are two markets in town where the parking lots are chaos because of the carts in the way - and both of these play into the stereotype of the people that shop there, unfortunately.

They are Overpriced Organic Retail Chain and Wally's Big-Box Wholesale Club.

So it's basically overpaid entitlement whores vs. downmarket slobs in a race to see who can trash their consumer space most effectively. Neither of these establishments is blessed with vast acres of parking, and at any given time, half the spaces are occupied by carts.

Last time I was at the wholesale club, I saw a cart corral with two carts in it. In the two spaces RIGHT NEXT to it, were about two dozen carts in a random jumble and a dozen more scattered around it like shrapnel in a cartsplosion. It was like a meteor fell to Earth and burst into shopping carts right next to the corral. I marveled for a moment at the herd mentality, and when I put my cart into the corral next to my car, it started to cry because it was lonely.

I suppose it's one thing for apathy to set in and the cart to be abandoned, but this seemed more to me to be an active phobia of cart corrals. There's something deliberate about how thoroughly the four in the club's parking lot were being avoided.

Love, Who?

Comment

Working...
                              X