This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grape Goes Shopping or reduce reuse recycle

I was doing the family grocery shopping when a kid zips by me in a cart and runs into a display of itunes gift cards. The kid begins to pick them up, and the mother scolds him. " Dear, that's what the EMPLOYEES do, they're so lazy you have to give them work. They don't recycle like us! They're lazy!" Later on in that same shopping trip I see a cart zip by again, and it's the same kid, and they're getting bottled water. "Honey make sure you buy x brand water, they use better plastic. Not everybody recycles like us!" Then she points me out, "He doesn't recycle like us! He's lazy! he will cause animals to die! He hates Earth Day!" I walk away from them. That's the last I see of those two.

On the way back I pick up some beer and as I am going inside an obviously intoxicated woman puts her bike across the doorway to the liquor store. The employee tells her to move the bike because it's blocking the door and she says "I need it to be there. So no one will steal it!" After dealing with the bicycle there is wait my turn in line, the clerk asks a guy in front of me for ID. He pulls out a card but it's not an ID card. " You only doin' this to me cuz I'm black yo! You all be racist terrorists, yo! I be callin' the FBI yo!" The guy refuses to show ID and the clerk doesn't sell him booze. The man than walks up to the next guy in line, who is also black and says, Be careful they keepin' the black man down. The other guy says " Fool, shut up and show you damn ID so we can all go home."

Quoth Grape The Cat View Post
    the clerk asks a guy in front of me for ID. He pulls out a card but it's not an ID card.
    Ah ye olde race card, how I've missed you so...

And recycling isn't for lazy people? I think I'm a bit on the lazy side myself and I still manage to recycle paper plastic and metal.

Not to mention all the fabric into quilts.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

If Ms. Greeny McNutbag really wanted to reduce her carbon footprint, or whatever, she'd invest in a reusable metal water bottle and drink tap water.

Hells bells! Chances are she has a device in her home that dispenses said tap water! What a country.

And after the grocery shopping was done, she and her kid probably left to do this.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Well, my neighbors (The Weasels) don't recycle. Every week, the top of their garbage tote is bulging open because they stuff everything in there...nothing goes in the recycling tote.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Grape The Cat View Post
          The other guy says " Fool, shut up and show you damn ID so we can all go home."
          WIN. very cool!

Also, wtf was up with that mom-person? superiority complex much??

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          If Ms. Greeny McNutbag
          good one IPf! I need to use this one too... lord knows there's enough around my area...
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Picking up after customers is certainly not part of the employees' job.

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
              Picking up after customers is certainly not part of the employees' job.
              I agree and have made my bf mad because he tried to pull that "that's THEIR job" routine and I told him no to put the thing he didn't want back where it belonged.

As for recycling we have general recycle bins at the apartment complex and I put all the plastic/paper/metal stuff in there. After that I have no idea what they do with it.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

In some places, the tap water is untrustworthy - and then bottled water is justifiable. (Better is to use a post-tap filtration system, such as a Brita set.) In some places, you can evn get bottled water at reasonable prices, ie. pennies for the litre.

In Helsinki, the tap water is world-class. I don't think bottled water sells well here.

Comment

Greeny McNutbag sounds like the type of person who has to show the world how good she is. She only uses certain companies because they are "greener" than others. She recycles because it's the right thing to show. But then she shows her true colors when she tells her son that employees are there to pick up after his messes. What a piece of work.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                    In Helsinki, the tap water is world-class. I don't think bottled water sells well here.
                    Except to American tourists.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                      In some places, the tap water is untrustworthy - and then bottled water is justifiable.
                      In some parts of rural SW PA, especially those where mining goes on, the water either doesn't taste good, or is actually undrinkable. My grandmother's area was like that--if you could get 'city' (filtered, piped-in) water, or had a reliable spring, you had no problems. But, because of longwall mining, many residents either lost their well, their spring, or had their water supply damaged. They have no choice but to haul water, or use vouchers for bottled water.

Oh, and it's not just the rural areas either. Some parts of Pittsburgh...have some truly nasty water. We installed a water cooler at work--the tap water there is disgusting. It's too 'metallic' for our tastes
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Who wants to bet that Ms. Greeny McNutbag drives a big ass gas guzzling vehicle?
                        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                          Who wants to bet that Ms. Greeny McNutbag drives a big ass gas guzzling vehicle?
                          No bet. Though odds are even that she drives some "hybrid" car, and takes pains to affect a "greener than thou" attitude with her friends who DO drive gas-guzzlers.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Around where I live the tap water is fine. They did have some concerns about it a couple years a go but it was tested and found to be good.

Comment

If it's brown drink it down, If it's black send it back....
                              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
                              X