Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i might "fuss" that "hey that's alcohol abuse!' or "Don't abuse the alcohol"... as i dry it up w/ a Napkin! and more importantly, rarely to the bartender*, usually to my sloppy/clumsy friend, that has knocked the glass and caused it to slosh ....

* I have become friends with a few bartenders, and I know when i can get away with that kind of comment, and when i can't...
    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

EWWWW!!!! Gross!

Comment

Wisconsin state law probably requires you to do that if you spill your beer.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

There are some people with addictions so bad that even The Betty Ford Clinic can't help them. (My namesake, unfortunately, being one of them. Yes, "Captain Trips" is in memory of Jerry Garcia.)
          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

According to Doc Webster (from the Spider Robinson books), persons of a certain ethnicity believe that after you die and go to Judgement, you will be suspended head down in a barrel containing all the liquor you've spilled in your lifetime, and if you drown, to Hell with you.

Perhaps these patrons were believers in this?

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
              According to Doc Webster (from the Spider Robinson books), persons of a certain ethnicity believe that after you die and go to Judgement, you will be suspended head down in a barrel containing all the liquor you've spilled in your lifetime, and if you drown, to Hell with you.

Hey, Doc converted me to that religion a long time ago. I'm looking forward to it. I'm keeping track, until I've spilled just enough liquor in my life to be able to get totally sloshed at Judgement without quite drowning. So when I get to Heaven I'm going to be blitzed for eternity.

Added bonus to converting: my parents don't discuss my religious beliefs with me anymore.
              What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                Added bonus to converting: my parents don't discuss my religious beliefs with me anymore.
                OT: My mother used to ask if I was going to church. The one time she came to visit, I took her to the Easter eve high mass at my church (Episcopal). We sat in the middle, near the aisle. She got the full benefit of the censer and gospel reading, which happened right next to where we were sitting. She never again asked if I was going to church.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post

I thought it was Jake or Mike himself who said that one... or was it Long Drink... anyways, I don't think it was Doc. I'll have to reread the books to see for sure, though. =)

I've converted a few to that version of judgement though.

Comment

Working...
                  X